Daughter FINALLY escaped!

by MindBlown666 18 Replies latest jw friends

• MindBlown666
    MindBlown666

Wow....has it been a while! I hope many of you are doing good! It's awesome to see many of you holding strong, and keeping the site going!

Well, my daughter finally escaped the grips of the mighty jw machine! They THEMSELVES "proved" not to be the loving family (on all fronts) they profess! I didn't have to do a thing except love her, and be there for her. Their smug, holier then thou attitude, and hypocrisy is what did it. It's been a long road...but I've got my girl back!

My best, ~Mindblown

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    MindBlown, that's fantastic news. All you had to do was love her to show up their lack of love. Brilliant! Thanks for letting us know. Good way to start the day here in the UK.
  • jhine
    jhine

You must feel elated , cus l'm sure we all are !

Jan

• cofty
    cofty
    I'm delighted for you!
  • freddo
    freddo

Woot!

Can you tell us the backstory please?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    I live for posts like this! Very happy for you MindBlown.
  • MindBlown666
    MindBlown666

Thank you everyone!

@ Freddo..

My daughter just happened to meet an inactive brother who started preaching to her while they dated. She also knew about the borg, because I was inactive, and later DF'd. The brother started going back to meetings, but turned out to be a real jerk of a person and she stopped dating him, however, she kept studying and later got baptized. This ripped my heart out because we were very close, and she would not be able to have contact with me anymore... :*( It was one of the hardest things I had to do. For the first couple years I was angry and deeply hurt. I tried to reason with her but as most of you know they only hold on tighter because they think it's the devil or persecution. I finally decided if I really loved my daughter, I would have to let her go. I lived my life and did what I wanted to do, and now it's her turn. So I did. I let go. I stopped hurting and worrying so much. I would check in once in a great while just to make sure she was ok...but made it brief. As time went on she had terrible experiences with sisters who were smug, elders who didn't really care, married brothers who'd flirt with her. She even started seeing the BS dogma for what it is!

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

As a free family with three daughters, I almost cried reading your post. So happy for you all!

• carla
    carla
    Wonderful news! Happy for the both of you.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Well done MindB. Happy for you. Another one leaves the slaveholdery of a lunatic corporation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit