Elder told me that they are required to report to police.

by CitizenofEarth 17 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Giordano
    Giordano

Congrats to you CitizenofEarth. Good name by the way.

Eighteen and you already know the truth about the truth!

I wish you all the best for the rest of your life.

Try to stay on good or at least decent terms with your family if possible.

Remember however that your brain has not yet finished growing (that happens in your mid to late twenties). So a good education is important now it can provide a proper foundation for your future. A practical use for your education needs to be understood. I have seen far too many young people get side tracked and finish or leave the higher education system without any marketable skills.

Also make sure you protect yourself from excessive alcohol, drugs and the other traps that can turn you sideways.

Use this forum because while we may not be the youngest group of people......... collectively we have thousands of years of experience you can tap into. We are not limited to just JW interests.

Your parents brought you up telling you that the end was just around the corner that's the JW short game. Now you will have to adjust to the long game........ an additional 70 or so years to live your life. Different rules........ different goals.

• keinlezard
    keinlezard

hello,

here in France normally "must reporting to the police" but in fact not.

Some month ago 2 elders come on "visite pastorale" and they talk about 1 case in the congregation

but at this time no report to the police neither "exclusion".

I think that they continue with "two witnesses rules" .

I suppose that Elders said "we report to police" but the reality is sadly different. According to declarations of Lett "pedophilia is apostates lies and dishonesty" or with A. Morris when he said the curious parallel between pedophiles and homosexuality

• jhine
    jhine

l had a long chat , about all sorts of issues , with a couple of young JW girls on my doorstep the other day . l brought up the subject of paedophilia in the WT . They did not deny a problem , just said quite sensibly l thought , that any large group would have a problem . l then mentioned the hypocrisy of the WT in their attacks on the Catholic Church . Again no negative reaction .

However in relation to the OP they did insist that any child abuse problem would automatically be reported ,as if to say that " of course this perfectly reasonable and responsible organisation would do the right thing " !

As l said we discussed lots of things including the WT habit of changing scripture and the insertion of Jehovah any where that they feel like it . They did seem a little taken aback when l said quite categorically that Jehovah or indeed any form of the Tetragrammaton was not in the NT originally .

Upshot was they said that they would do some research and return - l'm not holding my breath Lol

Jan

• CitizenofEarth
    CitizenofEarth

Giordano3 hours ago3 hours ago

Congrats to you CitizenofEarth. Good name by the way.

Eighteen and you already know the truth about the truth!

I wish you all the best for the rest of your life.

Try to stay on good or at least decent terms with your family if possible.

Remember however that your brain has not yet finished growing (that happens in your mid to late twenties). So a good education is important now it can provide a proper foundation for your future. A practical use for your education needs to be understood. I have seen far too many young people get side tracked and finish or leave the higher education system without any marketable skills.

Also make sure you protect yourself from excessive alcohol, drugs and the other traps that can turn you sideways.

Use this forum because while we may not be the youngest group of people......... collectively we have thousands of years of experience you can tap into. We are not limited to just JW interests.

Your parents brought you up telling you that the end was just around the corner that's the JW short game. Now you will have to adjust to the long game........ an additional 70 or so years to live your life. Different rules........ different goals.

Thank you very much for those words. I havent had a smile on my face for some days now, so that was a relief. Indeed, education is very, very, important, and i have fought a hard and long battle to even be where i am now. Yeah, but man how is it sad to see my peers swallow everything whole without a second thought (Many young people in my congr.). One more year though and then it is university for me. Yes - the collective knowledge of this forum is one i wont discard, and i will certainly use it in the future. And the end is still right in a moment as they keep on saying - they said i wouldnt reach the end of Gymnasium, and now i am almost done with that.

One day in the near future i will certainly tell my story too (although a bit shorter than the experienced ones), as many of you have, and then you can enjoy another story of someone who saw through the facades and took a stand.

CitizenofEarth

• Incognito
    Incognito
    so......1006 cases they failed to report to the Authorities over 50 years. - smiddy

I don't wish to derail the thread but it's my understanding that in Australia, it was actually over 1700 cases involving 1006 perpetrators.

As Australia does have a few mandatory reporting states, it would not be unreasonable to assume at least one case occurred in one of those mandatory reporting states, yet there were 0 cases reported to authorities by JW elders.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania also has mandatory reporting laws, yet in the Fessler case, that matter wasn't reported by JW elders either.

While JWs may claim that authorities are notified where required by law, it seems there hasn't been much evidence supplied to support that claim.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

My understanding is that even where required by law to report the elders must contact branch first.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Your correct Incognito ,my bad.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    CitizenofEarth - "Elder told me that they are required to report to police."

Elder told you a LIE.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit