Harry Holt - JW elder sexually assaulted 8 girls over 4 decades

by OrphanCrow 24 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Church elder who sexually abused vulnerable children was invited to speak at first victim’s wedding

A CHURCH elder who sexually abused vulnerable children was invited to speak at his first victim’s wedding, a court heard.

A court was told Harry Holt, 71, now of Rutland Street, Nelson, went on to attack seven more girls as young as nine after the Jehovah’s Witnesses failed to report him to police.
    When the matter was raised, a local beat officer advised parents to ‘just keep your children away from him’, the court heard.

Holt is facing a lengthy prison sentence after being convicted of attacks against eight girls in Scotland dating back over 40 years.

Full article at link.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    A church spokesman said: “Jehovah’s Witnesses abhor child abuse and view it as both a despicable crime and a sin. “Anyone who commits the sin of child abuse faces expulsion from the congregation and any suggestion that Jehovah’s Witnesses cover up child abuse is false.”

You would think the JW spokesman would immediately say..."Anyone who commits the sin of child abuse is reported to the police"...but no! He states..."faces expulsion from the congregation"!

Therein lies the problem!

• Simon
    Simon

Funny how "faces expulsion" is used to signify "sever punishment" when it suits them but when they are on the hook for promoting shunning of innocent people (the same thing) then it's suddenly "a loving act of kindness and demonstration of the congregations love"

Dear JWs: your religion is a cesspit of sycophantic hypocritical assholes.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

JWGoneBad:

A church spokesman said: “Jehovah’s Witnesses abhor child abuse and view it as both a despicable crime and a sin. “Anyone who commits the sin of child abuse faces expulsion from the congregation and any suggestion that Jehovah’s Witnesses cover up child abuse is false.”

Yeah, I laugh every time another article comes out about a JW being a pedophile and the 'official' response is always the same lying rhetoric. It reminds me of asking a kid if they ate the last piece of cake and they say "no" when they have chocolate icing all over their face.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    "...faces expulsion from the congregation" = we set them free with a clean (police) record so they can join another religion and molest their children.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    A church spokesman said: “Jehovah’s Witnesses abhor child abuse

Have we not heard that exact phrase before? Google it and it comes up in multiple reports ,all over the world.

They have not even the heart to express themselves without quoting a stock statement from Brooklyn. No love there.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    it just gets worse every day for the watchtower. cracks appearing all the time.
  • Lostandfound
    Lostandfound

Simon

Your comments well sum up this sort of thing exactly, thank you.

My family has been damaged by the disgusting action of an abusive elder, the stain never goes away. My wife and I are racked with guilt for involving my children in this cesspit. We have escaped the tower but little by little we get bolder in our criticism of the society and soon will share the details of this. I think the stress caused my brain tumour and destroyed my wife's self confidence and indeed life. When JC dealt with this he was apparently inexperienced and only learning! The JC showed themselves to me to be on a par with the sinner and merely covering over the cesspit from public eyes. Thanks again for forum which has helped us deal with the aftermath of all this.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"A church spokesman said: 'Jehovah's Witnesses abhor child abuse and view it as both a despicable crime and a sin'."

Quote from February 8, 1965 Awake page 12:

It is the fundamental badness of modern society that causes its most advanced rehabilitation efforts to fail. On this point the book Man, Crime and Society , by Herbert Bloch observed: "Some writers see this as an indication that the roots of criminal activity lie much deeper than any therapeutic potentiality of the most enlightened program. They take it as evidence of the fact that the genesis of criminal activity lies most basically within the culture itself and the alteration of the culture is the only potentially effective inhibitor of crime."

The ARC is onto something in JW land.

• freddo
    freddo
    Scum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit