The Author Of "Goodbye, Jehova!" Is Taking Questions.

by VW.org 4 Replies latest jw friends

• VW.org
    VW.org

The author of the book that Watchtower is sueing is now on Reddit to take questions about anything that you may want to know.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/7vusi1/i_am_the_author_of_goodbye_jehova_the_book_jworg/?utm_source=reddit-android

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Does anyone know why Watchtower are going for his book specifically?

• VW.org
    VW.org
    @Diogenesister. Most likely the greatly reduced number of witnesses and the dissolution of 252 congregations in Germany since 2013. Trying to suppress knowledge so as to stop further reduction.
  • VW.org
    VW.org

The author of the book responds to the above question.

At this point we can only guess, but there are several factors possibly at play:
    1) JW are an official church in Germany now and they may be flexing their muscles. Also, they announced to go after negative coverage last year and they're probably trying it out now.
    2) The European Union is investigating JW's use of personal data in field service and in general. There were headlines about that the other day. My book touches on this subject a lot, so there may be a connection.
    But at this point we can only guess. The book has five pages and they are only going against 7 passages for now, and mainly have issues with the phrasing of the passages (less the underlying facts). So they may think they have a chance at intimidating us, but no way jose.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Thank you VW.ORG. I read the piece about why he isn't able to get it translated into English just yet ( basically a UK/US publishing house would have to buy the rights from his publisher, which they do at publishing fairs. But they rarely do so unless a book has sold over 250,000 copies, I think. But if anyone knows of a publishing house who would be interested he gives the catalogue no. of his book. It would then be possible to crowd fund for a translator)

I couldn't find the original post, though, so thank you for letting me know. WT are such swines - my personal view is there are fewer German apostate books so they don't want to loose their German- speaking congregations as wealthy western nations and Gerrit Losche may also have something to do with precipitating the Law suit since GB members have so much personal power.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit