The Anointed Class: Do They Have Spirits?

by Cold Steel 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heaven
    Heaven

There is no 'choosing'. You just feel it. Like something comes over you. That's what I've been told by those who felt they were annointed. My maternal grandfather was one of those people.

Of course, you do realize, this is all bull shite, right?

"Ignorance is not just inconvenient, it's dangerous." -- Eric Ladizinsky, Professor of Physicis at Loyola Marymount University, L.A. & Chief Scientist D-Wave Systems

• deegee
    deegee

The WT teaches that there's no part of a human being that survives the death of a human being.........but I suppose there is an exception in the case of the anointed.

• deegee
    deegee

If the anointed do not have an immortal soul or some immaterial part of them that survives death, then whoever will be in heaven won't be the original anointed person but their CLONE since once a person dies, according to WT theology, they cease to exist; so God will have to create a spirit body FROM NOTHING for that person and that created body by definition will NOT be the original person but their CLONE.

So it will be a person's CLONE that will get to live forever in heaven and rule with Christ, and NOT the original person.............one can now see why other religions teach the doctrine of the immortality of the soul.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel
    Cofty » Nobody has a spirit.

How do you know? What is your proof?

Smiddy » I think the Anointed class have bats in the belfry.

I tend to agree. But if you were going to have to stay in the Organization (for whatever reason, family, friends), wouldn't you want to to at least get a step up? Why should the first century saints comprise the bulk of the 144,000? Who made that decision?

MrQuik: » Nice scam until everyone else decided they too were of the anointed.

Is that a problem? I thought taking the emblems (memorial) was only a rare occurrence.

DeeGee » If the anointed do not have an immortal soul or some immaterial part of them that survives death, then whoever will be in heaven won't be the original anointed person but their CLONE since once a person dies, according to WT theology, they cease to exist; so God will have to create a spirit body FROM NOTHING for that person and that created body by definition will NOT be the original person but their CLONE.

EXACTLY. They'd have all the thoughts and memories of the originals; they wouldn't even know they were duplicates. But I thought I saw a JW picture of a spirit leaving the body of an anointed one. I'm going to try to find it. BTW, according to the doctrine, you can live a life of sin and debauchery, then when you get resurrected for the judgment, it'll be that other poor jerk (the copy) who gets obliterated. The joke will be on him!

Heaven » My maternal grandfather was one of those people. Of course, you do realize, this is all bull shite, right?

I suspected it...yes. But did your grandfather ever talk about it?

• Fernando
  • Fernando
  • schnell
    schnell

I love Sam Harris.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit