The fraud that is the WT member numbers

by Crazyguy 19 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Crazyguy -

Regarding death rate - you're making a bit too large a leap. You can't connect the JW's membership with the global death rate since the JW membership is not a representative sample of the global population. It's heavily skewed to the US and a few other 'western' nations that have death rates drastically lower (roughly half) that of the global death rate.

Furthermore, you need only take a trip to your local KH to see that the JW population is not even representative of the community in which they reside. They're lower income, mostly female and older. Some of this makes the death rate go up, some makes it go down. In short, with the information we have available to us, it's very difficult to estimate the JW death rate. You could probably get closer by doing a weighted average of national death rates for each country (weighted by their percentage of the makeup of JWs) but even that would be flawed.

My guess, though, would be that the JW death rate would be far below the global death rate and would be something closer to 0.08-0.1%.

• steve2
    steve2

I was thinking last night about the annual death rate in the world, it's 18 deaths per thousand.

Hi Crazyguy, can you cite the reference for this?

The annual worldwide death rate you quote per 1,000 appears very, very low. At that rate, most people would live way beyond 100 years.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    The crude death rate is indeed about 8 per thousand.
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    I think that's a high rate, not low.
  • jastrow
    jastrow
    Is that number for increase 2014/2015 correct? If so, WOW! Based on baptisms i would say there is a definitive downward trend.
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt

Also - why don't they publish BAPTISED MEMBERS!!! Why just Publishers - which includes LOTS of kids - some just 6 or 7 years old.

Its a FAKE Number to make things look bigger than they are.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

ttdtt, you are right; without the actual baptized counts, it is impossible to know the real increase of the overall members. It just doesn't make sense.

They pressure unbaptized members telling them they are "not part of Jehovah's family" until they are baptized. You have doubt about this? Well, every time I heard people say yes to the baptism questions, the speaker always congratulated them for becoming part of Jehovah's great family of brothers and sisters. We now can call you brother and sister!

So, why than, count them in as Jehovah's Witnesses? A publisher is not IN the arc, he is at the door, contemplating the idea of walking in. When they say: There is 8 million Jehovah's Witnesses, that is wrong; they are closer to 7 million while the rest are not yet baptized.

• steve2
    steve2

The crude death rate is indeed about 8 per thousand.

You are correct, dropoffyourkeylee. It was a misunderstanding on my part.

Here is a link to mortality/death rates in specified countries around the globe:

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.DYN.CDRT.IN

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I'll say this...

...when I left my hometown 20-odd years ago, there were 4 Kingdom Halls supporting 9 congregations.

As of this post, there are now only 2 Kingdom Halls, supporting 5 or 6 congregations, max.

And I doubt very much that these congregations are bursting at the seams.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Upon further research it does seem as though my info was wrong on the death rate I should of listed about 9 not 18. Anyway that still accounts for nearly half the number of ones no longer counted. That too seems to be way to high, also I believe in the western part of the world the death rate of JWs is probably higher then the average do to poor health aged population etc. With all the talk of congregations dropping in other threads it's even more proof their numbers don't add up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit