9 Files Arrived Today--(As of March 24, 2020)

by Atlantis 19 Replies latest jw friends

• St George of England
    St George of England

Absolutely fantastic. Thank you guys!

George

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Consideration for Pioneers and Field Missionaries:
    The Governing Body understands that because of the COVID-19 pandemic, the ministry of auxiliary pioneers, regular pioneers, special pioneers, and field missionaries may be affected significantly.

Please be assured that the elders will take into account these unusual circumstances when reviewing the service activity of these individuals.

Oh great. I thought the doctrine says Jehovah knows everything the dubs do in his service, and is loving and understanding. But not a word about Jehovah here. Only the GB trying to appear reasonable with their rigid corporate regulations, trying to get in Jehovah's seat.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Once again, the information arrives neatly packaged, ready for perusal and smelling of hot ink off the press. Once again, thank you and be safe.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Maintaining congregation boasting sessions: Don't. They simply are not worth it.

You are better off trying to top off whatever preps you may have made for any shortages, if you still have time. It would have been better had they cancelled the boasting sessions in early January and encouraged people to start preparing instead of donating, wasting money on field circus, and attending these coronavirus sharing meetings. But no, they just had to maintain their status quo. And anyone that tries to hold this wastefest at the Coronavirus Hall is asking for more South Korea's (they got a mass infection from a xian cult) and New York City's (one rabbi turned what would have been a manageable problem into a disaster).

You see those wastefests on April 7? You see anyone still going in field circus? If so, you can expect your city to be like New York City sometime late in April or early May. And they wonder why they need to be shut down? All the while, the leaders are securely locked down so they will not be exposed to coronavirus--or tuberculosis (which they richly deserve).

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

They are still pushing the Elders to contact DF'd and inactive folks. I bet me and the Mrs do not hear a word from the Elders, I hope not in fact, but not doing so goes against the directive from the G.B.

The motivation for this is obvious, suck a few more back in to make Donations, because of course we are in the "final part of the Last Days" so a Bulging Bank Account is so important for the G.B at this time.

I also notice that obeying " Caesars Law", sensible of course, has been used again, but what about all those Dubs who ignored that in the past, again under direction by the G.B, at risk to their personal Liberty and often Life ? I wonder how they, or their families that remember this, feel about it now ? probably too Mind Controlled to realise that Scriptures are only plucked out to use for the convenience of the G.B at the time, not to be obeyed in all circumstances.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PHIZZY:

Of course this campaign to contact ‘Inactives’ is all about money. I don’t think it’s just about greed..but them being scared of what they are losing with all the elderly passing away.

Once the demographic of faithful generous JW elderly (WW2 generation - over 80+) are gone, the religion will never see the likes of this again!...But, I have no patience to be approached by some JW idiot and am liable to tell somebody off.

• LV101
    LV101

WTWizard "coronavirus sharing meetings" - perfect!/hahaha. COVID boasting sessions (COBE's provided) now - oh my.

LongHairGal - lie low from the WT snakes crawling around for donors. I hope they're begging for contributors but that's their normal game unless they're drilling down for shekels. Sure is hurtful for those of us they omit contacting/lololol. I think I would tell them I won't be able to attend but more than honored/happy to mail my contribution monthly the way I do with Joel Osteen Ministries and Myers, Salvation Army and the Catholic Charities. At least someone benefits from the last 2 mentioned 'legal set up religious crazy'!

• carla
    carla

In regard to the zoom thing, they seem worried about people recording the meetings. Weird isn't it? most churches wouldn't care and would put up meetings online for all to see.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Tha zoom seems to have a default recording setting, at least there is a button lit. Most of us are doing well to get the thing on first try.

Maybe a recorded prayer makes us all Buddhist

• careful
    careful

Thank you A&P!

Carla:

"In regard to the zoom thing, they seem worried about people recording the meetings. Weird isn't it? most churches wouldn't care and would put up meetings online for all to see."

Other churches aren't so afraid of saying stupid things and then having opposers grab onto them and repost them in order to make the original stupid speakers look so foolish. Hence the org's paranoia about making recordings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit