Bollocks...

by The Rebel 19 Replies latest jw friends

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

" THE OPPOSITE OF KNOWLEDGE IS LOVE"

The Rebel.

I believe a poster named " Cofty" once replied to my great thought " The opposite of knowlege is love" with the comment :-

" BOLLOCKS"

And the reality is I believe " Cofty" was right my thought was :-

" BOLLOCKS"

I am also sure the study of human knowledge will In the future ultimately discover we are "ALL" talking:-

"BOLLOCKS".

So l I believe we should all have a tolerant attitude to each other's:-

" BOLLOCKS"

Or at least my hope is that our " OUBITORY" regardless of belief, culture, or circumstance will say " Escaped the Watchtower" and its mind control, and manipulative language.... So I am glad I learnt tolerance and not to dislike so many that now hate me.

The Rebel.

• Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif

Hi Rebel,

I would add the opposite of knowledge is ignorance......whether through choice or circumstances.

The opposite of love is indifference. Hate is a destructive emotion.

You didn't deserve "bollocks" as a response.

I wouldn't like any association with WBTS on my grave stone. 32yrs association was enough thank you very much.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Je.Suis...thank you for your comment...in Coftys defence, I took the " Bollocks" comment as tongue in cheek.....my point was we have issues on this board about if God exists or if God does not exist....we have issues about abortion, ....we have issues about guns.....we have issues about ect, ect, ect, and I say it's all BOLLOCKS, because what matters is we are all escapees from the WATCHTOWER." Cult.

The Rebel

• sir82
    sir82

I have no idea what the thought ("the opposite of knowledge is love") is even trying to express.

I doubt it is hate as much as bewilderment.

• talesin
    talesin

Yes, I think indifference is the opposite of love.

And yes, a thousand times yes,

what matters is we are all escapees of the WATCHTOWER " Cult.

Thanks for the reminder, The Rebel.

Happy holidays! Freedom is our gift, and it is sweet. xx

• Gentledawn
    Gentledawn
    I believe a poster named " Cofty" once replied to my great thought " The opposite of knowlege is love" with the comment

Why is this thought of yours "great"?

You're polarizing two things (love vs knowledge) that are not true opposites. That's actually part and parcel of "us vs them", black & white thinking. Fallacious reasoning / logical fallacy.

No hype or malice on my part. Simple observation is all.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone here at JWN!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think Paul Simon expressed a similar thought: "right and wrong never helped us get along, you say you care for me but there's no tenderness beneath your honesty".

The world would undoubtedly be a better place if people habitually asked the question: is that idea helpful? Rather than: is that idea true?

The idea of truth is not only often extremely unhelpful, it is also, ironically, highly dubious even on its own terms. In other words the traditional notion of truth doesn't even have in its favour the redeeming quality of being in itself true. Quite apart from the fact that what is decided upon as true is often unhelpful.

http://youtu.be/0sk5SLh48tg

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Sir 82 :-

"I have no idea what the thought " the opposite of knowledge is love " is even trying to express.

The Rebel. ....great point and thought "Sir 82 " here is my answer:-

A) I believe religion, advertising, marketing, and a persons ego is " BOLLOCKS" . Yet to say a person can live with out " BOLLOCKS" is noncence, or should I say ." BOLLOCKS" ....this is what unites the athiest and believer....the evolution of what we once believed will I believe someday become " BOLLOCKS" ...

The Rebel.

• Gentledawn
    Gentledawn

I have NO idea what you're on about, Slimboyfat.

here's the vid related to my (current) avatar, which has as much to do with anything with what you wrote ("truth isn't truth even in truthiest sense of truth"? IDK).

https://vimeo.com/24191501

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I believe that much of what I have read on this thread is, BOLLOCKS.

One of my favourite words in English or any other language is BOLLOCKS.

everyone has the right to think or write, BOLLOCKS but we don't all have to agree with it or even read it.

So big smelly, hairy BOLLOCKS to you all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit