A Month In and Bombs Are Already Falling

by Simon 16 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

So about a month in to Biden's presidency and they are already bombing a country.

Remind me how Trump was going to bring about WWIII with North Korea, Iran, China and god knows who else? Did he? No.

But straight back to business as usual for the military industrial complex and crickets from their media buddies.

• FFGhost
  • RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    But straight back to business as usual for the military industrial complex and crickets from their media buddies.

George Carlin said:

Americans can’t build a decent car, can’t make a TV set or a VCR worth a f**k, got no steel industry left, can’t educate our young people, can’t get health care to our old people, but we can bomb the shit out of your country all right! Huh? Especially if your country is full of brown people—oh we like that don’t we? That’s our hobby! That’s our new job in the world: bombing brown people. Iraq, Panama, Grenada, Libya, you got some brown people in your country, tell them to watch the f**k out or we’ll goddamn bomb them!”

“Now you probably noticed I don’t feel about that war the way we were told we were supposed to feel about that war, the way we were ordered and instructed by the United States government to feel about that war. You see, I tell ya, my mind doesn’t work that way,” Carlin says in the Gulf War routine. I got this real moron thing I do; it’s called ‘thinking. And I’m not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions. I don’t just roll over when I’m told to. Sad to say, most Americans just roll over on command—not me.”

“I don’t take very seriously, the media or the press in this country, who in the case of the Persian Gulf war were nothing more than unpaid employees of the Department of Defense,” he continued, “and who most of the time, most of the time functioned as kind of an unofficial public relations agency for the United States government. So I don’t listen to them, I don’t really believe in my country and I gotta tell you folks, I don’t get all choked up about yellow ribbons and American flags. I consider them to be symbols and I leave symbols to the symbol-minded.”

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Well, the truth is that we really should only be concerned about the serious things... like any new gender pronouns or Mr Potatohead going gender neutral. These developments are much more important than Syria getting bombed.

• Vidiot
  • JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Ah quit your belly-aching y'all...what better way to improve the U.S. economy than to bomb the hell out of other lands without much in the way casualties and flexing our muscle in the process...win...win!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I don't think it was aimed at civilians. Perhaps its a ploy to bargain from strength for Americans held in Iran? Dunno.

• Simon
    Simon

In other news, it's OK again to put kids in cages.

It's almost like the media's faux standards change based on who's in office, isn't it?

• frozen2018
    frozen2018

Was the President aware this was going to happen? I read the Vice-President was livid as she was not informed. I wonder who is actually running the show? On a side note, House Democrats are calling for changes in how nukes are launched. They want launch by committee (who else liked committees?). Again, who is running the show?

• JeffT
    JeffT

Was the President aware this was going to happen? I read the Vice-President was livid as she was not informed. I wonder who is actually running the show?

Bill Clinton and Barack Obama

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit