WTBS Made a Huge Mistake!

by patio34 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hi all:

I have to say that reading Ray CofC book was the true turning point for me too!

I had to read it in spurts though as it would get me so upset and riled, I had to keep putting it down and pace or go do something else for awhile. Someone said yesterday (sf?) that finding these things out was like getting a blow to the stomach and not able to get your breath. This was what I, and many of you here too, had based my whole life on, had trusted with all my heart to be the only way to serve God and I was never going to grow old...HA!

Many times, people who have never been a JW, can't understand why we hang on here and don't just let go and forget about the WTS altogether.

If only they could feel what we feel. We were so convinced, so manipulated into absolutely believing all we were told about prophecies, the brotherly love, the preaching work being done, the growth proving God's direction and spirit, the insight into the scriptures, all identifying us as being the one blessed religion, and then the carrot of paradise on earth being dangled in front of us to spur us on to do more.

The GB was painted as this pure, holy, humble, servant of God dedicated to doing God's will in helping us poor lowly sheep. What an eye-opener finding out the details of the real "truth" about the dirty skeletons, the underhandedness, the "hide the truth so our image is squeeky-clean" manipulations.

YES....we have every right to be angry and "froth at the mouth", and feel hurt, disappointed, fearful for our JW relatives and friends. We want the truth to be known to all..the REAL TRUTH.

This control over peoples' lives has to stop. These books, and others like it, are a priceless weapon in destroying the pristine, pretty picture the WTS wants to paint of itself.

These books, along with all the info coming out on the web, and soon in the media, have got to have a domino effect on stirring many more into action...either of leaving or causing enough disruption to result in drastic changes being made.

I hope we see it in our lifetime. I feel so grateful to Ray in getting the ball rolling by exposing the truth to us. I know ones who have talked to Ray recently, and who also say he is such a kind, humble, unassuming, meek man who was duped like us, but has used his knowledge to help so many others break free of their chains.

Had Enough

• JT
    JT

lost my religion says

I had no trouble reading the hundreds of pages in his 2 books, but I can barely make it through 3 or 4 pages of the WT before numbness sets in.

####
    this is funny- great point

• JT
    JT

had enough saysMany times, people who have never been a JW, can't understand why we hang on here and don't just let go and forget about the WTS altogether.

If only they could feel what we feel. We were so convinced, so manipulated into absolutely believing all we were told about prophecies, the brotherly love, the preaching work being done, the growth proving God's direction and spirit, the insight into the scriptures, all identifying us as being the one blessed religion, and then the carrot of paradise on earth being dangled in front of us to spur us on to do more.

#####

right on time- so true so true indeed

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Hi JT:

It's funny that you mention that non JW's cannot understand why you hang on, and don't even see it..

I've been quietly trying to show my JW friend for quite some time now the real "truth".. At times, I think he has seen glimpese of it, but then he appears to put his head back in the sand like the preverbial ostrich.. It's very frustrating to me, but I know that I have to be patient with him..

I cannot comprehend, although I wish I could, exactly how he, or anyone else in his or your position, could feel once they begin to question the very thing they have devoted their life to.. In his case, he was born into the cult, so he's never known anything else..

Interesting comment, and yeah, since I've never been a JW, all I can do is at best watch him fall apart and help pick up the pieces if and when he comes to the realization that he's been living a lie...

Such trama, I feel for you all, even if I never will be able to fully sympathize with you...

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

to Patio 34,

It is nice to find out , that this subject elates so many good observations:

How cleverly the WTS refuses to defend its policies on the basis of 'apostasy' when Jesus, Jehovah, and the early Christians did just the opposite. "

to Francoise:

"….if they had ceased defending the indefensible, if they - in short - had gotten real and acknowledged the validity of the concerns of its members? "

Very good, logical and true point.

to Farkel:

"He's DFd for questioning the "generation" issue, which the society quietly changed later. He DIED DF and he had it RIGHT to begin with. "

Very, very sad. Someone has to pay for all this …cruel attitude!

to Dedalus:

"Well, I don't know her personally, and even so, I wouldn't know the full facts of what happened there." It's going to get frustrating for you if you try to share what you're learning with other Witnesses. Personally, I find that passive, do-nothing stance repulsive ..."

I have the same feeling. Btw , CO and DO take very often that attitude…the easy way out!!
    Not Christian…but coward!

to HadEnough:

"This control over peoples' lives has to stop. These books, and others like it, are a priceless weapon in destroying the pristine, pretty picture the WTS wants to paint of itself.
    These books, along with all the info coming out on the web, and soon in the media, have got to have a domino effect on stirring many more into action...either of leaving or causing enough disruption to result in drastic changes being made."

I do agree with you and hope as you wrote that:

"....result in drastic changes being made."

Agape, J.C. MacHislopp

• patio34
    patio34

Dedalus, That is SO true "well, you don't know the whole story." That's so ironic, because THAT'S a condemnatory statement in and of itself. In a REAL court of law, the whole story is known, and people in general can know that justtice was done. Not so in secret, kangaroo-court proceedings with no defense lawyer. Just judge jury and executioner in some kind of star-chamber trial.

Ray Franz brings out in his ISOCF that so many of the Bible judicial proceedings were public. I don't know all of the points right now.

He even brings out instances where very elderly ones have been df'd--one man was on his deathbed! He asks, how can a dying man contaminate the congregation. Ray was making the point that the WTBS's stance that disgruntled ones should just leave quietly, and how there's no way to do that, as the shepherd are so tenacious to hunt ones down to df them.

HadEnough, I think the above ranting in my post demonstrates I should follow your example and read a bit at a time, because of getting so enraged.

I think why we hang together is because we have a shared trauma, akin to the Jews in Germany (granted, not as horrible) and veterans of wars. They can't let it go either. We understand each other where others can't if they haven't experienced it.

Thanks for all your replies.

Pat

P. S. A very important thing to remember "Don't squat with your spurs on."

• Farkel
    Farkel

Dedalus,

It's nice to have you with us, again. :)

: "Well, we don't have the whole story," he said.

Translation: "Until we get the WATCHTOWER spin on the matter, we won't know how they want us to think."

(Think about what I just said above. Think about that seriously.)

Farkel

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Farkel,

I can't believe how your statement resonated in me! I used to think that very thing (blush!) when I'd read about a scientific discovery that undermined the Bible and supported evolution. I'd think 'well, I'll wait until the WT does an article on it.'

Most of the time in the past 5 or so years, they haven't been doing as much on it.

Didn't even realize that's what I did!

Pat

"If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit