New Light - I’m applying Job 1:4 today.

by HiddenPimo 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• waton
    waton

Since the special days in Jpb 1:4 could have something to do with the Sun and Moon cycle, (not sure they could count exactly 365. 24 days),

It is today exactly 1800 days to the next big NY state total solar eclipse. (not waewick,)

Always scared the living daylights out of the ancients.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Around here, there are just enough depps that insist that anything that is even close to "celebrating" is as bad as celebrating that one cannot even buy holiday candy on sale the next day without Brother Hounder sneaking in. It only takes one, and anything that even remotely resembles a birthday or holiday party, even if several months off date, will be taken as if one were celebrating the event. Even without the traditional fixings, these worms can identify a "holiday" with as much as 99% missing or off date. Try Christmas in July, without a tree or even lights, and plain wrapping paper--all it takes is one to decide that it is "close enough", and you are going to hear about it.

• Maria Nieves
    Maria Nieves

@HiddenPimo, Happy 42 and congratulations. Hope that you have a wonderful celebration and I am happy to see that you chose to celebrate.

I know that Jehovah Witnesses do not celebrate birthdays. However, I don’t see anything wrong with a person being acknowledged on the day that they were born.

The way that I see it is, if you feel that birthday celebrations are wrong, then don’t participate in them. However, for those who choose to celebrate birthdays, let them be.

Recently, at a Watchtower meeting, my bible study conductor made a comment. She stated that we live in a very selfish world where we celebrate the day that we were born but we actually had nothing to do with our birth. I just listened and smiled. That was all that I could do. I was in an environment where I could not express my opinions and I completely disagreed with her.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

My pimi MIL always celebrated Christmas, sometimes with Christmas wrapping paper, but alwYS LOTS OF PRESENTS THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS. sOMETIMES THANKSKSGIVING WITH TURKEY AND ALL THE TRADITIONAL TRIMMINGS EVEN ON THE DAY OF. ( SORRY CAPS lock and I am in a hurry) Birthdays are always celebrated with a gift , usually a day after, with a cake as well.

This is how his mother always did, even when her husband was an elder, before he was deleted due to his sons behavior, then didn't step foot inside a KH again. ( I think in these past few years he has allowed himself to investigate the WT, reading a different bible with just the new testament, and is more of a POMO. Before then, to investigate would be harmful to his marriage so he just ignored completely. I am sure he never talks about it with his wife.

I would wonder how she got away with that without someone giving her a "warning".

• HiddenPimo
    HiddenPimo

Well I just have to say that I had an amazing time! My close friends got me a cake and even some presents. To say this is a selfish act is a bunch of bull. It hit me hard with emotions - I cried and they comforted me and said don’t worry about the past you’ve got at least 42 more to celebrate 😉.

Have to hide the presents at work because wife if PIMI. I know my leaving soon will cause her much anguish and i hate that but i can’t stay PIMO any longer - life is too short and this is too liberating to be imprisoned any more with these lies and deceptions.

• Maria Nieves
    Maria Nieves

@HiddenPimo, I am so happy that you had an amazing time. I am glad that your friends acknowledged you and made an effort to make you happy.

Reminds me of a few years back before I began to study. I knew that my friends were going to celebrate my birthday. However, when they celebrated my birthday, I was so overwhelmed with emotions that I cried and my friends comforted me. One of my closest friend immediately came over to me and hugged me. I still remember that day.

While I was studying, I stopped celebrating my birthday. However, I would acknowledged those closest to me on their birthday.

There is one female who I particularly have in mind. I don't get the opportunity to acknowledge her throughout the year. The only opportunity that I get to acknowledge her is during Christmas. For every Christmas gift that I have given her, she has been so appreciative. The last Christmas gift that I gave her, she stated that it was one of the best gifts that she had received in her whole life.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Congratulations on celebrating your 42nd Birthday HP and may there be many more hopefully in the future with your wife by your side .

Take care.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

Congrats! Funny, my birthday is this weekend and I will be 42 as well.

Enjoy your day!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit