Why I Refused To Go To Gay Son's Wedding EXCLUSIVE

by darkspilver 10 Replies latest jw friends

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Front page of the Sunshine Coast Daily, Friday 17 March 2017

YVONNE, the mother of Chris on Bride and Prejudice, has for the first time explained why she couldn't attend her gay son's wedding.

https://m.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/bride-and-prejudice-mum-denies-sons-church-control/3155773/

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5714189639221248/_post/5672317399072768

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yep it was her personal decision after her personal study of the scriptures to not attend. The religion she belongs to did not influence her decision at all. 😉lol.

I like the way she feels she got "led down the garden path" to appear on the show not realizing it was "reality" TV.

We all know how much JWs hate reality.

Maybe she got led down the garden path by WT too and didn't realize it's a cult.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Could do with taking the sand out her vagina and moving into the 21st century with the rest of society.

What a shit mum.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I would also assume though that she was paid for her appearance on the TV show, and the newspaper article!

If not paid, then she at least had to agree to have the filming take place?

So she KNEW what was going on the whole time! To play ignorant was just foolish.

• Spoletta
    Spoletta

Her denial of influence by the Org has all the classic markers of JW doublespeak. "It was my choice".

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

"As a Christian, it is not my place to hate anyone, but that doesn't mean I have to accept other people's lifestyle choices.

Choices? Like he chose to have white skin? Like he chose to me male? Like he chose to have brown eyes?

"I am not being orchestrated at all by the Jehovah's Witnesses. I am one of them by choice, by free will and I hold that belief."

No, of course you're not. Invite him and his new husband to stay over for the weekend and see what happens.

She said her son "would like our relationship to be like it was".

"We had a very close relationship. I am sure he is missing it. But it can't be that way with his current choices," she said.

So it is her that's doing the shunning. His current choices to feel attracted to males. Just like he chose to have her as a mother.

Horrible excuse for a mother. This cult truly is toxic.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

The "Truth behind Buderim mum's rejection of gay son"

Who do you go to to get the "truth"? Well, naturally...the truth only comes from one source.

Another opportunity for the great Rodney Spinks to share his WT wisdom with the world:

(from article at link)

Jehovah's Witness Australia spokesman Rodney Spinks said Yvonne was not speaking on behalf of the church.
    "I can categorically confirm what she has done was in private," Mr Spinks said.
    "The only thing we know is what we have seen on television. The organisation has no involvement and no view on it.
    "No one from within the organisation is giving her advice. All the decisions are matters for her personally."
    Mr Spinks said many Jehovah's Witnesses had family members who weren't part of the faith, he himself did, and there was nothing to stop them remaining close and attending special ceremonies.
    "You can still have a close relationship with your children if they are not Jehovah Witnesses," Mr Spinks said.
    "Most of my family are not Jehovah's Witnesses.
    "Most of us have relatives and friends (outside the church) and we would go to their weddings."
    Mr Spinks said it was for Yvonne to decide personally whether she wanted to attend her son's wedding.
    "To my knowledge, she never asked anyone about it," Mr Spinks said.
    "We have no interest in intervening in the personal decisions people make within the family."
    As for homosexuality, Mr Spinks said Jehovah's Witnesses would not "try to dictate to other people what's appropriate".
    "That is with regard to religions, sexuality or beliefs," he said.
    "We have a great respect for other people We are not suggesting we say everyone else has to change or be different."
    However, within the church itself, Mr Spinks said the stance on homosexuality was pretty clear from the Bible.
    "We believe the Bible does not condone homosexuality, we very much believe every individual's right to determine those things for themselves."
    He said many people had a misguided view of the church.
    "We will never step away from the fact we try to live by high moral standards, we live by the Bible," he said.
    "But we are not so naive to think other people haven't got every right to live differently.
    "We have the greatest respect for whatever decision people make."
  • Rainbow_Troll
    Rainbow_Troll
    In his letter to the Daily, Chris questioned the level of influence the church had on his mother.
    "He (Mr Spinks) said 'the organisation has no involvement and no view on it' and 'no one from within the organisation is giving her advice'," Chris wrote.

I'm so happy that the WT Org no longer holds a prejudicial view on gay marriage. So I can crash all the gay weddings I want and remain a JW in good standing. Maybe I can even sanctify a few myself. What progress!

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

The WTS has a written policy of involvement in choices ones make about wedding attendance. Showing support for a wedding of those getting married "out of the Lord" will likely result in losing privileges.

• scotsman
    scotsman

The published JW advice and the Correspondence Guideline say it's a conscience matter. But both say you should take into account how attendance might affect other believers...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit