Do JWs believe they will be the only people saved at the "end"?

by LaurenM 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

They'll tell you it's not for them to say who will be saved or not and that they leave it up to Jehovah yet on the other hand, they'll say that all who've come to an accurate knowledge and haven't dedicated their lives in baptism, will perish. They also say their ministry is a never to be repeated life saving work done out of love for their fellow man so that more lives will be spared at Armageddon .

My younger sister, when she was small, used to burst out in tears at the meeting when this topic was discussed because our father studied for years but just couldn't make himself go from door to door. Consequently, they wouldn't let him get baptized so he eventually stopped coming to the meeting. My sister would come home crying to our Dad "Please come to meetings again...I don't want you to get "Stroyed" which was her word for "Destroyed". Our kind and loving father used to comfort her then look at Mom and say under his breath through clenched teeth "Why do they have to say these things in front of the Children?"

Nowadays, I like to ask JW's "why all the supposed urgency in your ministry if you don't think it's only JW's who'll be saved? Why is it like a death in the family when someone's son or daughter leaves the organization? What about churchgoing little old Mrs. Jones next door...will she die if she doesn't stop her charity work and renounce her church membership and become a JW? After all she's part of Babylon the Great...right?

Then they say..."Well we don't judge", to which I say "Oh but you do...you've labeled every other religion as false worship and as being backed by Satan and if all those who have been warned, don't "get out of her" by becoming a JW, they will go down with her at Armageddon.

This is another one of those occasions that usually ends in their eyes glazing over and pretending they don't see the logic or them denying that's what they believe.

• Saename
    Saename

Pete Zahut, what they say is indeed terrifying to small children. It's funny how they hypocritically attract new-comers by teaching them the "good" stuff about their religion, but once they get baptised, only then will they mention the bad teachings.

When I became an unbaptised publisher—and was on my way to get baptised—not even once has anybody mentioned to me that the two-witness rule applies to every sin—even if it is a crime first and foremost, not a sin, such as child sexual abuse. Not even once has anybody said that if you sue a brother or a sister in the congregation even for a valid reason, such as the aforementioned child sexual abuse, you will be disfellowshipped. Not even once have they told me about the overlapping generation teaching, which makes no sense whatsoever, and of which I was completely unaware until I joined this site when I learned of the child sexual abuse problem in the Jehovah's Witness organisation. Neither of those things have I learned from the Jehovah's Witnesses, yet they were so eager to encourage me to first become an unbapitsed publisher (which I have) and then quickly get baptised (which I thankfully have not.)

And then they have the courage to tell everybody that they are not a cult because their teachings are not secret? You've gotta be kidding me! Those doctrines, even though officially accepted by the Governing Body and passed on to the congregations, were kept secret until I listened to what the ex-Jehovah's Witnesses had to say. This is a textbook method of cults to get new followers. First, mention the good teachings. When they get involved with your cult, then—and only then—mention the bad teachings.

• steve2
    steve2

Naive and/or gullible readers will understand from JW org's answer that others who 'come to serve God' besides JWs will be saved.

These readers will not realize something's missing from the sanitized answer: Those who come to serve God by loyally obeying His unique channel of truth on earth which dispenses spiritual food through the Christian congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.

I'd have more respect for the organization if it answered questions directly and honestly. But then, if the orgsnization did that, it would be a vastly different organization that history shows it really is.

• Darryl
    Darryl

The answer to that question was an out and out lie. The question was do Witnesses believe they will be the only ones saved at the "end". What is the "end"? We sang songs about it, we talked about it all the time, we used to view graphic pictures depicting all the calamity falling upon all those who are not Jehovah's Witnesses. It's been laid out plainly by the society for years and years and years. We all know the person was talking about Armageddon the end of this system of things, he that endures till the end, probably you might be saved in the end or whatever. Armageddon Armageddon Armageddon it's been ingrained in our psyche since day one. Why did we go to all those damn meetings, sit through the assemblies, go out in service, refrain from anything fun, birthdays, holidays, proms, girlfriends, boyfriends, a normal life. Because we loved it?? Hardly. Because we didn't want to be killed at Armageddon. And the society has been very clear ONLY JW's will be saved at the end. And any JW"s who don't walk the line and attend all the meetings and go in service and do all the other stuff required will also be killed. Period. I saw the bunker video they were all witnesses in there, even the guy they talked about who was not in there was a witness but apparently not a good one and the implication was clear he was living on borrowed time. Talking about the resurrection and all that is ridiculous because whoever asked the question if they are not a witness probably wasn't planning on dying in order to get in but the society knows that is in their opinion absolutely the only way they will have a chance. In their world on the other side there will be no need to put a label on what they are because they will be the only ones alive JW's so when these people come back to live who will be there to teach them the right way to live? JW's and only JW's because they are the only ones who made it. I cannot believe the society would out and out lie like that.

• sparky1
  • polish clarinet
    polish clarinet

Of course they believe that they are the only ones to be saved. But last year, our CO told us that it was absolutely not autonatic. If you can do more but you miss some meetings or go in the field twice a month, or don't study enough..., you can expect to remain with this old system of things because Jehovah can read in your heart that your heart is not full for your God!!!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Since they (WTS heads) positioned themselves as the " Only " true faithful organization guided by god's holy spirit.

If one makes a motion to leave their faith for another they will ostracize that person and proclaim them as spiritually weak, taken over by Satan's influence. putting their own life in jeopardy, since Armageddon is soon to come .

To add to this insinuation they will most likely punish you themselves by DFing, so that all other JWS members will in the future shun you for the rest of your life , including your family if your have any in the organization.

The WTS has many ways to lie and deceive people as to lure them into their controlling grasp.

In the end its about power, control and money to create an perception of do this you will be saved and don't do this you will be killed, the actual core operating part of that alluring manipulating corruption.

• polish clarinet
    polish clarinet

when I married my non-JW wife, several elders asked me how one could marry someone who would surely die in Harmageddon...

It was ten years ago, and 3 month ago, a newly appointed elder asked me how I could cope with the fact that my wife would not enter the new system with me.

I guess those points of view answer the question of this topic...

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

*** w89 9/1 p. 19 Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium ***

7 Only Jehovah’s Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the “great crowd,” as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil.

--- end quote ---

It's spelt c.u.l.t.

• Darryl
    Darryl
    In any case, it’s not our job to judge who will or won’t be saved. That assignment rests squarely in Jesus’ hands."

Wait aren't they waiting for the time when their message turns into a message of judgement? Knocking on doors telling people they are absolutely going to die because they did not become JW's. Not our job to judge?? It most certainly will be their job to judge. I guess they should have said not right now anyway but soon very very soon it will be and spoiler alert if you're not a JW in the very near future you are as good as dead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit