Do JWs believe they will be the only people saved at the "end"?

by LaurenM 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LaurenM
    LaurenM

The answer posted on JW.org: "No. Many millions who lived in centuries past and who weren’t Jehovah’s Witnesses will have an opportunity for salvation. Additionally, many now living may yet begin to serve God, and they too will gain salvation. In any case, it’s not our job to judge who will or won’t be saved. That assignment rests squarely in Jesus’ hands."

This seems to indicate that if you "serve God" (any God??) you will be saved, but it's not up to us to decide...so my question is, why is it that if you tell the elders you no longer want to be a JW, you get DF'd (or DA'd)??? Even if I said that I still wanted to serve God and would just be going to another church so as to "not forsake the gathering together" I'd be DF'd right??..I'm a born in JW, but I'm confused. I've never got a clear answer to this question and its one of the main reasons why I'm fading.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

The website is trying to make their religion look a lot more accepting than it actually is. There's a reason witnesses say you will be blood guilty if you don't go door to door...they think everyone who doesn't become one of them will be destroyed.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

It's doublespeak, as is every answer on the FAQ section of JW.org. They try to polish nuggets of shit so that they appear shiny to the public.

It's a fine art and they have obviously spent some considerable cash on trying to present the filthy cult as a more mainstream style religion, although it's becoming obvious they are fooling nobody but themselves.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Even if I said that I still wanted to serve God and would just be going to another church so as to "not forsake the gathering together" I'd be DF'd right??

The WTS. wants and likes to punish people who desire to leave and worship in another religious faith/organization. They do this by openly DFing people who do.

They are admonished for being unloyal to Jehovah and his earthy arrangement, rather choosing Satan's false religion than the true chosen faith being guided by god.

If a baptized JWS comes forward to one of the local elders stating their personal motivations and convictions, a JC may be assembled, there and then the question will be asked to the person in question whether they accept the GB of the JWS is the solemnly chosen FDSL directed by god's holy spirit.

If the answer is no, that usually presents a DFing in most cases.

Part of the corruption of religious cults like this is to instill fear to lure in and retain devoted followers as well to openly punish those who don't fall in line with servitude loyalty to the top leaders.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

If you die one day before the end you will come back but if you are not a JW on

the day of the end kiss your ass good bye-bye....

I will die before their end comes and when I'am resurrected I will walk up to the first JW and tell them,

you guys are A-holes. After that comment no doubt 2nd death for me...

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

They have answered the question with a technically correct answer, but it was not what the questioner was asking.

They say that the N.World will have people in it who are not currently J W's today. That is what they believe, due to the ress. and ongoing conversions. ..But the questioner was meaning " Will non J W's pass through Armageddon, in your view?" and a straight answer to that would be "No" , as said many times over in their literature.

Tricky devils, aren't they....

• flipper
    flipper

LAUREN- Basically the WT Governing Body and the WT writing committee are lying when they write, " it's not our job to judge who will or won't be saved . " That's a flat out lie. Because WT leaders DO look at themselves as prospective judges who will allegedly "rule with Jesus in heaven as the 144,000 . " So it's a total untruth when they claim not to judge. As you stated- otherwise they wouldn't DF people or kick them out of the JW religion. So, yes they do judge, and what they post on their websites are lies. Peace out, mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Oh- And in answer to your thread question- YES, JW's believe that they are the only ones who will be " saved " at the fictitious " battle of Armageddon ". Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

millions who lived in centuries past have the opportunity for salvation, ah yes the resurrection, the insane prospect

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

good catch BB. they truly didn't answer the question but skirted the real issue. This is standard operating procedure when answering pseudo "questions from readers" or sugarcoating their dogma until you are in too deep to get out with some dignity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit