Einstein On Quantum Mechanics

by Brokeback Watchtower 15 Replies latest social current

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Albert Einstein said "I like to think the moon is there even if I'm not looking at it".

I'm thinking the Double slit experiments could have been a major factor in his attitude towards QM.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-slit_experiment

"[T]he atoms or elementary particles themselves are not real; they form a world of potentialities or possibilities rather than one of things or facts."

Werner Heisenberg

Einstein arguments against QM now have been proven wrong, the world is not real,, so we have now the many worlds interpetation, with all propabilities happening in a infinite universes.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

It seems to me that the mystics are pointing us in the right general direction and basically every thing is just one thing and that thing is consciousness/God. Infinite wisdom fighting complete boredom with imagination compartmentalized to each imagined thing created inside pure awareness.

• hybridous
    hybridous

I've spent some time thinking about this stuff...

The Double-Slit experiment fascinated me (and still continues to), because of its implications concerning the nature of reality.

For a long time, I thought that consciousness caused collapse of the wavefunction; probability becomes certainty, and all that...

Then I saw this lecture by Stuart Hameroff, where he postulated that maybe we have had it backwards...namely, maybe collapsing wavefunction is causing consciouness.

It really sent me back to square one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHg-mr4aqWk

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

The awesomeness of the universe is simply beyond all human comprehension.

Travelling at the same speed as the fastest object ever created by man - Helios 2 - at a constant speed of 150,000 mph (240,000 km/hr) – it would take 19,000 years to travel the mere 4.2 light years to the nearest star/solar system, Proxima Centauri.

What would happen to a spacecraft if a piece of space debris the size of a tennis ball hit it at that speed?

Nice animation in this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1i-VlsbiOM

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Thank you for the deep thinking for the day. I don't understand it but it is fascinating. Still Totally ADD

• atomant
    atomant

so based on the double slit experiment the earth could be flat but appear to be round at the same time

• Brokeback Watchtower
  • hybridous
    hybridous

Reality was already broke...we just didn't notice it. Awesome.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Please tell me that this means Trump is not really President.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

The many worlds interpretation kind of says there are a infinite amount of universes where Trump loses the elections and Hilary is prez.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit