San Diego area

by animal 7 Replies latest jw friends

• animal
    animal

Anyone live in or near San Diego.... I may be working there for a while and dont know the area. Email me if you prefer .... [email protected]

Animal

• caligirl
    caligirl

What would you like to know about our great city?

• animal
    animal

Um.... housing costs (I just need a room), weather (will only have the motorcycle there), etc. I am being asked to go to SOLAR, turbine engine design place. No clue where it is.

Animal

• caligirl
    caligirl

I don't know where it is either.

Housing is expensive. Hopefully you will either be reimbursed for it by your company, or if you are self-employed, charge accordingly because it will definitly hurt your pocketbook. Let's just say that a hotel is probably only slightly more expensive than renting a home here right now, and with all the families displaced by the fires, temporary housing might be in short supply. You might even be able to find a hotel that would be cheaper than renting a place, which is sad. Lots of people rent bedrooms in their homes to help pay for the exhobitant cost of home ownership here, so that also might be an option to look into.

Weather should not be an issue for your motorcycle riding. It usually averages 60s-70s this time of year. Rain is infrequent and not usually heavy. It just rained for the first time in 100+ days this week. The climate her is great, in my opinion. Not too hot, not too cold.

• animal
    animal

good info.... thanks. I will be in touch with details.

Animal

• r51785
    r51785

Solar Turbines is located at Ruffin Road and Balboa Ave. I know the facility well. About ten years ago when I was working in the air cargo business I chartered an Antonov 124 (world's largest airplane) to move a large Solar Turbine generator to Argentina. One thing about San Diego to remember is that the closer you live to the beach the more expensive the housing costs. I would suggest looking for a place to stay in Clairemont or Serra Mesa. On the internet check out the San Diego Union Tribune website www.signonsandiego.com. Winter weather is cool with daily highs in the sixties and lows at night in the forties.

Solar also used to have another facility near downtown along the harbor at Laurel St. and Pacific Hwy. I do not know if they still are located there. If that is the area you will be working you might want to look into housing in Hillcrest, North Park or Loma Portal. When you get to town pick up a little weekly newspaper called "The Reader." It is good for rental listings including rooms for rent.

Good luck. If you feel like being bored to death on a Tuesday or Thursday evening there is a place on Rialto St. in Ocean Beach called "The Kingdom Hall."

• animal
    animal

hahaha

I never get that bored.

Thanks

• animal
    animal

I will be blowing into town after new years. I got the job, and am looking on the east side of town for a place....

Thanks for the help!

Animal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit