Matthew 24:37-39 Proves That Jesus is Fictional

by APieceOfShitNamedTate 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping
    Half banana
    Bear in mind that the earliest non-canonical christian writings do not give the name Jesus but call him Lord. The name "Jesus" certainly appears by the third quarter of the second century .......... to add a name or attribute a belief to a character was easy peasy--just make sure you destroy the earlier copies.

We have the Roman Catholic church at Emperor Constantine's urging to thank for the unification of all Christian (and pagan) cults under the name of Jesus in the fourth century. By then the idea that Jesus existed was not in doubt in the minds of the faithful. The poor people had no choice but to believe in authority.

HB is there any books that deal with this subject; that is that the name Jesus didn't appear till the second century? Thanks!

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

I'm actually with the Jesus "defenders" on this one.

I think he was probably real (but not divine, obviously), and referred to events in the Old Testament when teaching...

...like countless other contemporary rabbis.

What a lot of us seem to forget is that just because they referred to them, that doesn't mean they believed they were literal history...

...in fact, we've had Hebrew scholars on this forum inform us that that the Torah writers likely didn't typically take the Genesis events as literal history... something Christian churches ever-so-conveniently failed to mention to their members over and over again, from what I gather.

Which, IMO, dovetails nicely with something I reminded the other participants in a different thread just the other day...

...that Jesus of Nazereth taught almost exclusively using parables and allegories.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Perhaps this Scripture also proves that ancient mythology like what is written in the bible or torah is mostly fiction appealing to human emotions set with its own original purpose and intent by the original presenters.

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

He was also a liar Mathew 16 last two verses says he would be back in all his glory to judge and would do this before some of those standing with him yet died. Well their all dead and it’s been 2000 years and still no Jesus.

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

Jesus existed but;

• Was completely misrepresented and misquoted by the gospel writers who wrote the gospels some 30-70 years after Jesus died

• All his wise sayings like the sermon on the MT, the last days warnings, illustrations and parables, stories like Noah's flood, etc. were written by individuals who never met Jesus but who wanted to promote an agenda at that time. Sort of like the Watchtower prints crazy things like 1914 to promote their agenda of the last days.
  • redvip2000
    redvip2000
    It is my personal opinion that a charismatic Preacher named Jesus of Nazareth did exist, and that the myth was based upon him, it may be too that we do have preserved in the Gospels some of his original teachings.

Yup agreed. He was most likely someone who had such an enormous ego that he claimed -- even if implicitly -- to be the messiah. He probably basked in the attention that got him.

There have always been people like that. Even today the folks who claim they are anointed, have exactly the same type of pathology. They desperately want to be special.

• waton
    waton
    c: This is a complete non sequitur.

The great non sequitur is of course in that scripture, to argue that because what happened in that flat flood, disaster will also happen to unbelievers.

Now, that the next global sea level rise is pegged at 2 meters by the expiration of the overlapping group generation, wt mixes metaphors ( or quotes Peter's fire foresight) and uses Armageddon in their non-sequiturs, publications , and talks.

No wonder wt adherents have a hard time swallowing. digesting, logic.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Could it be said that the Jesus god was the most empathetic god toward the problems and perils experienced by mankind ever envisioned by man, well after all he was proclaimed a Savior Messiah ?

I think so.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Interesting video of how possibly the Jesus god came to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTllC7TbM8M&t=771s

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit