Japan's statistics - surprising results

by truthseeker 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215

It's an inevitable organizational pattern; the frenetic growth on a wave of youthful, ``us-against-them" radical energy (the 50s) gives way to institutionalization, increased accumulation of assets compels compromises with the idealism and anti-establishment mentality of its formative years; bloated to an ungainly size and deprived (through death) of its iconic visionaries/doctrinicians, the cumulative weight of its sheer size and assets saps its vitality.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I'm keeping an eye on this site to see the full details when it's updated:

http://www.jwic.com/stat.htm

Did you notice the very low baptism figure for Japan? i mean, it's really LOW! For a country that "boasts" 222,000 members a 2,000 baptism figure is very dismal. (for them!)

Cheers, OzzieCheers 2

Freedom means not having to wear a tie.

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

I thought it might be useful to look at the larger picture between the performance of Japan vs. the World as a whole. You can clearly see from the attached graphic I made using data from 1952 to 2002 that the peak growth rate of Japan vs. the World's growth rate have shown remarkable similarity but also several magnitudes of difference in terms of the growth rate.

Care to guess what caused the dramatic decreases and why the data is cyclic?

Skipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit