who are the governing body?

by robin33126 22 Replies latest jw friends

• robin33126
    robin33126

Jehovah Witness when mentioning "governing body" they say it like if they knew who these people are. I asked one JW to mentioned their names and couldn't answer me. So what is so special if they don't know the names, lives, background, of these people? SO MY QUESTION IS DOES ANYONE KNOW THE NAMES OF ALL THE GOVERNING BODY? AND ALSO CAN ANYONE TELL ME SOMETHING ABOUT THEIR LIVES-WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE WERE DID THEY COME FROM? ARE THEY EVER MENTIONED ANYWERE? PLEASE I NEED INFORMATION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. SO I CAN TELL MY FRIEND HOW STUPID HE IS.

• Osarsif
  • PerFect
    PerFect

What struck me is that of the elleven GB members there is only 3 that where baptised before the "the heavenly call" was completed in 1933 (i think).
    So eight of the members state that they are of the anoited class although (they say) the heavenly call was complete when they become Jw.

PerFect "enjoying life class"

• robin33126
    robin33126

I noticed that all the governing body are white and mostly American. Do all Jehovah Witness know that? I also noticed they dont have any college education. So what special qualities do they have? HOW COULD SOMEONE WITHOUT A COLLEGE EDUCATION GOVERN? HOW COULD THEY TELL SOMEONE WHAT THEY CAN OR CAN'T DO?

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

All the names were in the front of the yearbook, but you gotta say 'em fast 'casue they're droppin' like flies. Since the beginning of the year, 3 have dropped dead. There was 13 to begin with, now's there's 10 little indians left.

10 little gb's on the wall
    ...ten gb'son the wall

If one of those gb's should happen to fall
    9 little gb's sittin on the wall.

BX: A mind is a terrible thing to waste, in the ORG

• Downdog01
    Downdog01

Looks like none of these GB fellas has been to school...No wonder they have so much faith in nonsense...they are not trained to know the difference

• jurs
    jurs

i'm a bit to embarresed to admit that i have no idea who any of the governing body members are or what their backgrounds are. i don't even know what exactly they do, but i trusted them completely. why not ask your friend? i would have squirmed if anyone had asked me......jurs

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

Who are the GB? Aren't they a soon to be extinct group. Already stripped of any real power they sit around waiting for their call home. After they have gone the WTS and JW's in turn will be governed by one of the Watchtower corporations run by a board of directors and a president. Which corporation will be top dog?

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster
    What struck me is that of the elleven GB members there is only 3 that where baptised before the "the heavenly call" was completed in 1933 (i think).

The anointed club was closed in 1935, but my personal opinion is that the reorganization of the Society is an attempt to eliminate the importance of being annointed to hold a position of power in the organization. Regardless, most JW's don't realize the 1935 thing and that "doctrine" will be backed off soon anyway.

20 years from now, when the GB are all "Great Crowd", no R & F will even remember that you had to be "anointed" to be a GB!

Slipnslidemaster: Doin' the humpty hump...just doin' the humpty hump...

• belbab
    belbab

I became a JW in 1953. Starting at that time, I watched each year's numbers of the "remnant" gradually go down. At the Memorial in 1968, suddenly the numbers rose, I forgot how much, but the rise was significant. It was around that time that I woke up and started asking questions. I was told by the then district servant, to cease asking questions from the R&F, but rather write to the Society or ask mature brothers. A year or two later I heard of a young Gilead graduate who had just returned from Africa and I heard on the grapevine that he was one of those who had taken the emblems at memorial time. I thought he would be one that would give a good reply to my questions.

So one warm sunny day we were seated on a bench outside, in the country, and I quietly and sincerely voiced my concerns. The question went something like this: I said Moses, a leader of Israel, failed to enter into the Promised land because he failed to honor Jehovah when he struck the rock for water. David sinned, had a man murdered and claimed his wife for himself. Soloman failed. Peter denied Christ three times, Christianity fell away, the Inquisition, Protestants also failed. Russell was wrong in his predictions and his organisation went into 'captivity to Babylon'. Rutherford built Beth Sarim and said the 'princes' would shortly return. I said all these failed in their worship of God. Then I asked, "what do you think are the failings of the Watchtower today?" There was dead silence. He got up and walked away, without a word.

This young Gilead graduate became circuit servant shortly after. The next occasion I met him was at a committee meeting where a young fairly new pioneer was reported by three pioneer sisters who reported that this young brother was speaking about things that were a 'no-no' as far as the organisation was concerned. I was asked by the young brother to go with him for moral support. The congregation judicial committee was there, as well as the circuit servant, the chairs were arranged in a circle, between me and the circuit servant there was an empty chair. The CO commenced the meeting by declaring that the empty chair was for the prophete ELIGAH, (the champion of pure worship, the destroyer of false worship) During the meeting, I spoke up to defend the young brother, and the CO turned to me and angrily said, 'We're going to get you, your turn is coming up next.'

They did not have enough evidence to disfellowship my friend, on that occasion.

I recently learned that that circuit overseer is now the youngest member of the governing body, DAVID SPLANE.

HI DAVE! HOW'S THE WEATHER UP THERE? YOU CLIMBED THE LADDER, BUT ARE YOU SURE IT'S AGAINST THE RIGHT WALL? I AM STILL WAITING FOR THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION: WHAT ARE THE ERRORS OF THE WATCHTOWER LEADERS TODAY.????

PS; I forgot to ask: IS THAT CHAIR FOR ELIGAH STILL EMPTY? I'M SURE IT IS, BECAUSE I REMEMBER HIM SAYING, "TAKE ME AWAY JEHOVAH, I AM NO BETTER THAN MY FOREFATHERS" If you are still looking for him, he's out in the desert, trekking back from Horeb.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit