things that make you go AGGGGGGGGGH!!!!!!!!!!

by lurk 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• lurk
    lurk

kingdom melodies did it for me everytime.

i tired so hard not to have uncharitable thoughts about the ppl who wrote the tunes and words to the kingdom melodies. there were about 2 that i could stomach.

the rest were so totally uninspiring and mechanical.

.i can say that apart from maybe 2 i didnt get any up lifting joy from them.

elders complained that ppl wern't learning the tunes and singing properly.they got realy irritated over it .but i really really hate the dam songs . eveyone sounded totally joyless

• nilfun
    nilfun

Lurk, you must have the faith that the bible does revive, you must build such faith if God's war you would survive.

Do I have a faith accompanied by works?

The answer is no, and that's why I don't like the Kingdom Melodies.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

There's a few good ones, the rest, where's the garbage can?

Guest 77

• Sassy
    Sassy

I was upset when they changed the melody on one of the old song from the "pinkish/fuscia" colored small song book. I forget the name. Gods Own Book a Treasure or something like that. I remember it started: There was a book that by its many pages, bring peace and joy and hope to human kind.....

The old melody was beautiful but they changed it completely and sped it up. I hated the new melody.

I always liked the old songs better than the new ones. I haven't thought about the songs since I left. I used to actually enjoy singing some of them. I never was one to play them at home as background music though.

• morty
    morty

I never enjoyed any of them.....I remember my mom giving me the old "clip" on the back of my butt for not standing straight and singing with enthusiasm......How could you be happy singing those songs when you knew at home you had Neil Young, Bob Seger,Prince,Aerosmith,Queen and David Bowie waiting for ya......The jws could not ever hold up to these guys on a pop chart...Where abouts was "House To House" on the charts?

morty

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Kingdumb songs???

BLECH!!!!

Walter

• Gopher
    Gopher

C'mon don't you know that ---

Loyal submission, in recognition -- this to our God we owe

He gives AFFECTION or is that REJECTION ?? -- loyalty to Him we showwwwwww!

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

How bout that anthem " keep your eyes on the prize"

Man you felt like strolling into paradise hills after that "hit"

• jgnat
    jgnat

What I want to know is, what was it LIKE singing along to these tunes?

• micheal
    micheal

"Come and drink you thirsty ones" - Everytime I sang this verse I wanted to go home and have a beer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit