November Broadcast - truly evil

by iwasblind 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• iwasblind
    iwasblind

Hi there I don't watch much of the propaganda on jw.org anymore but I did catch the November broadcast.

I think these guys are either evil or controlled by someone who is incredibly skilled at mind control.

Firstly, they establish their authority by saying "everything" else is a lie - you can't trust media or anyone. "there is no inspiration today.." but they somehow have the direct connection with God - yuck.

Then, they proceed with that disgusting "shunning" drama - but now it is not called shunning, (around 24 mins) the mother said..

"if we were to stand between Levi and the discipline he needs we would in affect be blocking an expression of Jehovah's love from reaching him..."

I am so angry at this, what a load. No you are not shunning your own child you are allowing an "expression" of Jehovah's love to reach him - I am sure any shunned child can feel that love right?

I think this is a human rights violation - I would love to find a human rights legal body who would tackle this.

Sorry for the rant - but this is a new level of evil I think.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

You're right. The "blocking an expression of Gods love" crap is a sneaky tactic to make the shunner not feel like they're doing something evil. Cults do that. Make something loving seem evil and something evil seem good all just to accomplish their own ends.

could you imagine them saying to a newly interested person "we'll expect you to shun you're children if they ever want to leave".

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

You are so right, the mangling of logic, right and wrong and human emotions is simply excruciating. It is so far from simple common sense and reasonableness that it leaves you speechless.

In a sense, you don't have to argue a position, you just quote the words. They speak for themselves.

Edited to say it is like the jokes that went round saying that a prisoner assaulted a policeman's boot with his face.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    pale.emperor - "...could you imagine them saying to a newly interested person 'we'll expect you to shun you're children if they ever want to leave'?

Ten bucks says that if said "newly interested" person asked, they'd outright lie and say "no".

• sir82
    sir82

They keep saying, over and over, month after month, how important it is to shun your children.

I think they have determined that that is their number 1 "problem" now. It gets mentioned far more often apostasy or blood transfusions or missing meetings or anything else that got "more than the usual attention" in the past.

• tiki
    tiki

Blocking an expression of gods love????? Seriously??? So they think a puny human can stop their all powerful god from doing something??? I am increasingly stunned at the stupidity.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

What sir82 said.

With the lowest retention rate of any North American church, it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

"if we were to stand between Levi and the discipline he needs we would in affect be blocking an expression of Jehovah's love from reaching him..."

That would contradict this scripture below I would think:

Romans 8:38-39New International Version (NIV)

38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[a] neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

LRG

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

It is classic cult manipulation.

They make out that "It is YOUR fault that this is happening"

It is NO DIFFERENT to an abusive husband saying to his cowering wife "NOW Look what you made happen! I had to hit you because you made me do it!. Now you have hurt me by making me have to hit you"

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It's just like last Sunday's WT propaganda. The title was "Youths, strengthen your faith!" ( paraphrasing...)

What they really wanted to say was... " OH SHIT!!! Youths, leaving in droves!!! WTF?!?!?!!"

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit