Has your sense of taste changed over the years?

by laylaluv 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• laylaluv
    laylaluv

Just a little curious. I have noticed as I get older my sense of taste changes. I never liked tea when I was young but, now I do. I just discovered this the other day. Also, I never used to like cornbread. Now I love it in soups.

So let me hear it. Is it just me or does everyone experience these changes in taste?

• laylaluv
    laylaluv

Oops help guys. I put it under the wrong subject again. This time I know how I did it.

• franklin J
    franklin J

as I grew older , traveled and experienced life, and progressed as an "individual", my tastes changed.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Extensive bible study has shown that I'll never handle grits.

• maxwell
    maxwell

I think taste develops as one grows. When I was a kid, I liked kool-aid. I don't buy the stuff now. I think I can appreciate a wider range of flavors now. Some things you have to develop a taste for, like wine. I'm still developing a taste for that, for example the difference between a merlot, chardonnay and a sauvignon? white wine and red wine? It's an education in names and tastes.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

I was born with hyper-sensative taste buds and a lot of things tasted like poison to me as a child... I am not sure if age or just experiencing many new tastes that has shifted my tastes, but I do eat things I would not even get close enough to smell as a child.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

sure -- my tastes have changed -- I now like classical music - it was once only pop music -- when I was younger - steak was always well done -- now anything more than Rare I struggle with -- wine the more fuller bodied the better -when I was younger I preferred it sweet -- and so on. Travel has broadened my horizons

• Sassy
    Sassy

I was a real picky eater growing up. There are still some things I don't particularly like, but I wouldn't say I am picky any more. Still can't do eggs though. I gag on them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit