Party like it's 1899, uh - 1914 - I mean, 1975...

by Michael3000 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

The party's really over, folks. From the Associated Press...

--Michael

Prince, now Jehovah's Witness, swears off cursing

May 28, 2001 Posted: 8:38 AM EDT (1238 GMT)

NEW YORK (AP) -- A G-rated Prince?

It may be hard to believe, but the singer who once provoked shock waves with
    his X-rated lyrics has sworn off cursing and is preaching about the importance
    of virtue in the May edition of Gotham magazine.

Prince, who is now a Jehovah's Witness, said that "when you use those (curse)
    words, you call up all the anger, all the negatives times the word has been used
    before -- you bring it toward yourself. Why would you want that?"

Prince also told the magazine that teens need more God in their lives.

"When I look at the violence, I wonder where the parents are, but also where is
    God in their lives? A kid is an open computer ready for programming. Some
    weird relationships happen, smoking too early and sex."

Jehovah's Witnesses are an apocalyptic group that interprets the Bible differently
    than traditional Christian organizations.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I was dreamin' when I wrote this
    Forgive me if it goes astray
    But when I woke up this mornin'
    Coulda sworn it was judgment day
    The sky was all purple
    There were people runnin' everywhere

Tryin' 2 run from the destruction
    U know I didn't even care

'Cuz they say one nine seven five party over
    Oops out of time
    So tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1974!!!

Slipnslidemaster: Doin' the humpty hump...just doin' the humpty hump...

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

Wow! It was both an honor and a pleasure to read your response. And you're quite a cutie (if that photo is really you). :)

--Michael

• Englishman
    Englishman

Michael 3000,

Looks like Venice to me.

Englishman

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I am cute and boy do I love to party!!!

• Seeker
    Seeker

Either Prince has already had his thinking dulled by his studies, or he was always a fuzzy thinker:

"...when you use those (curse) words, you call up all the anger, all the negatives times the word has been used before -- you bring it toward yourself. Why would you want that?"

Nonsense. A word is a word, and has no more meaning attached to it than any other word, unless you, yourself, attach that meaning. Does a person who doesn't know English, if told to say an English curse word, call up anger in him- or herself? Of course not. It's only a string of letters that carry no meaning.

"Prince also told the magazine that teens need more God in their lives. "When I look at the violence, I wonder where the parents are, but also where is God in their lives?"

A child does not need God in their lives to know that violence is wrong. A child needs instruction from their parents about morality, but that has nothing to do with God unless that is the form of morality that the parent chooses. Many humanists rear peaceful children without the influence of the idea of God.

Black-and-white thinking. Way to go, Prince! You're just about ready to accept the Creation book now!

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Ok Slip cease and desist with the pic, your really starting to confuse people hahaha!!! oh my!!!

Ven

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

I'm getting sooooooooooooo many compliments though!!

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Does anyone else think that the quotes from Prince here have a very similar style to Fred's posts?

Hmmmmmm......

Expatbrit

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

All I know is.....SEXY MFer still gets the girlies shakin @ the GENTLEMEN's CLUB I DJ in.....lmao

Boozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit