Does God Exist?

by Tashawaa 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

JT -

Thanks for explaining. I appreciate it!

Wow. I've mentioned this in other threads, but it bears repeating - I've never been on a board with such a broad range of ideas. It's as if any x-JW's who find this site make up for all the lost time in the borg by exploring every idea they were forbidden to think, and they post it all here. I am completely fascinated. Just when I think I've seen how broad the spectrum reaches, another new idea comes up. Now yours stretches the spectrum once again. It's never occurred to me to look at the universe and/or ourselves as you do. I mean, I've pondered the "the world is a stage and we are but the actors" scenario, but I've never taken it to the level you have. Look at what being able to think for one's self can do!

I am absolutely beat, so I'm going to retire for the night. However, I know how long it takes to put together a post as long as your last one on this thread is, so I just want to let you know how much I appreciate the time you put into helping me to undestand your ideas better! Thanks!

imallgrowedup

• smack
    smack

Gods best trick was to prove he doesn't exist

Steve

Tasmanian Overbeer

• NEWWORLDSLACKER
    NEWWORLDSLACKER

The rumors of his demise have been greatly exaggerated . He never existed.

NwS

• sens
    sens

I dont want to think about this atm

• Singing Man
    Singing Man

Yes Verginia there is a God. He is quite these days. he speaks in ways that he chooses to those he chooses, when he chooses. I am sure when he does speak and show himself to everyone we will all stand up and take notice.

• Panda
    Panda

heathen, The theory is called quantum gravity. Physicists, especially astrophysicists have been very involved in this study in part because of what you mentioned.

Panda loves science

• gumby
    gumby

I dont want to think about this atm

I hear ya sens.

I remember one night it was late and I was here, and someone posted something that made me think for a moment that there really might NOT be someone out there. It made me feel awful, and was a very strange lonely feeling and I felt vulnerable.

Is there a god or not can be ONLY answered with OPINIONS of others.........with no proofs attached.

I wish and hope someday it will be different, and we will know one way or the other.......( I think I hope that)

Gumby

• heathen
    heathen

Panda--- physics has become one of my new found interests . I can't seem to get enough of the theories that try to explain gravity for one and the one elsewhere posted had me thinking and chuckeling to myself how friggen strange a universe we live in . I notice many physicists try to calculate on the basis that some how order insued out of chaos so it seems that if you are a creationist you would tend to believe there was order before chaos insued . We are free to chose what to believe and personally to me the big bang theory has too many unknowns in it to fully comprehend anyway , you may as well simply conclude that we don't know and anything we come up with is based on faith or probability . It's been an interesting discussion with even the comment that we are the universe contemplating itself.

• gumby
    gumby
    Unconditioned consciousness. The child looks deep within your eyes with total nonjudgmental openness. The baby does not yet know of the concepts of you and me, or me and other. As fare as the child is concerned there is no boundaries, no separation.

Yes....perception is LEARNED ....isn't it?

Many are inherited, such as reflexes when a baby is startled and it jumps........yet it has never learned it should jump when startled.

This may be a bit off the subject......but one has to wonder how the mind COULD develop, and COULD percieve things, if a person was put in a controlled enviroment, away from all influence to the degree thats possible, and the conditions were programmed for the individual to percieve.

In other words.....is the brain simply a blank tape that simply runs off of input it takes in through our senses,....or is there a "soul" that creates it's own thoughts? I think not of the latter, but it would be intresting to find out different.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

He exists to some and not to others.

Guest 77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit