Rapper Ja Rule grew up as a JW

by jesussaves 14 Replies latest jw friends

• flower
    flower

Interesting...

I dont care for the type of music but nice hes cool enough to share his history with the world.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    I think perhaps his mum might not have told him the whole story of why she got DFed....having a few drinks with coworkers seems a little light for DFing.

Yeah, like maybe *GASP* she got laid! That's a good reason to never speak to someone again.

• BooleanX
    BooleanX

Totally agree with you Dan, there's no excuse in shunning. When family does it, well that's just plain immoral and criminal.

• crownboy
    crownboy

Yeah, I saw the interview on TV a couple of nights ago as well.

Unless he attended the most drachonian congregation around, his mother most likely did more than just have "a drink or two" with co-workers to get dissfellowshipped. Obviously, that does not excuse the shunning policy (or his JW family's blatant hyprocrisy), but I find the likelihood of that story about the dissfellowshipping being the complete truth to be suspect.

I actually had heard about Ja Rule growing up a witness before, possibly on this forum a while back.

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner
    JA RULE: Because I love to see my family together. Like that's what life is about. It's about family.

So true. Family means the most in the long run. I am glad my mom basically doesnt give a hoot about the shunning crap. She still calls me and speaks to me as if I am not DF'd.

On a side note, I went to the same school way back when as Ja Rule - 172

Boozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit