Newspaper is interested in interviewing me!!!

by dubstepped 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

A friend and client and former politician just called me. He knows people in the media and had offered a few months back to see if anyone would be interested in doing a story on what I'm doing through my podcasts This JW Life" and "shunned". Of course I was excited but things take time and you never know if they'll pan out. I still don't know for sure, but a reporter called my friend today and asked him how to contact me. I'm so excited even at the possibility that I could burst!

It would be so poetic. When I was a kid there was a story that hit big in the papers here about a scandal in a congregation in another area (if memory serves, I was a kid). I remember specifically being told at meetings not to read the paper or their apostate lies. I didn't, of course. Now I could actually be that apostate, lol.

Will it happen? Who knows. But things ARE happening. My last interviewee for "shunned", David, crashed his local KH and outed his abuser. I even have the audio on the podcast. When you put yourself out there good things can happen. If this newspaper story gets done and published it will only add to my joy in this. The goal was to give a voice to the voiceless, to tell the other side of the story, and to help people by doing so. I might get to add to that soon and just knowing that people are taking notice makes me so happy.

I'll avoid posting specifics unless it happens. I don't want to tip anything too much but if it happens everyone will know. I don't know the circulation now but it is a nice sized metro area. Last time I saw it was somewhere around a couple hundred thousand in circulation in a metro area of a million or so.

• Wakanda
    Wakanda

Fabulous!!!

• cha ching
    cha ching

Congratulations! Good things are happening 😊

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Wow...if your newspaper 'tell all' pans out...you'll be living many an exJW's dream...wish you well!

• James87
    James87

Awesome, this is you moment to shine.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

"I might get to add to that soon and just knowing that people are taking notice makes me so happy."

That is great dub!!! I hope they interview you. Each little bit of information that gets out there about WT's abuse of people is exciting. I feel joy every time I read an article, watch a Youtube or see something on TV. WT is receiving bad press and I hope it continues. Karma is coming to bite them!!!!

• just fine
    just fine
    Congrats! 🎉 I hope it all works out. The “Watchtower” banks on those of us who leave to be ashamed and afraid to speak out. Those days are over, we have done nothing wrong and have nothing to be ashamed of.
  • cofty
    cofty

Outstanding! Please keep us posted.

• Simon
    Simon

Great work - let us know how it turns out :thumbs_up:

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Truth (Real Truth that is) will always find a way to rise into the light of day for all to see. Exposing what claims to be "Truth" in all of its gory and little known details is not always appreciated so it is very gratifying to see how your efforts are blossoming! Excellent news!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit