Would You Have Given Your Life Up For Your Brother At One Time?

by minimus 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Sassy
    Sassy

If I loved someone yes. Be it JW or not. I still would. But it has nothing to do with the religion.

• minimus
    minimus

Since we were supposed to die for one another, it really was comical to see to see it when congregations were split up because one family hated another and would regularly snub and talk against another. Sure, you'd die for your brother but you wouldn't even look at him if he wanted to talk to you.....HYPOCRITES!!!!!!

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

I would have moved to Mexico and bribed a government official so I wouldn't have had to give my life for anyone else.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

"So many JWs blithely say they would die for another, but when they are asked to give them a ride to the KH, they whine and make excuses."

Yes, Blondie - for six years when we were caring for my aged mother, almost everyone in the congregation made excuses why they couldn't stop by (a couple notable exceptions). She was suffering from memory loss which at first was minimal. They took the attitude that she might not remember that they were there. They forgot that her caregivers would remember and would appreciate the visit plus my mother's demeanor was better when she had visitors.

Die for her or for her caregivers? Not a chance!

I don't blame the congregation as much as the Watchtower, but that's another subject.

• minimus
    minimus

It's difficult to help an ill person out when you've got to get your time in.

• minimus
    minimus

I was thinking about how so many GAVE UP their LIFE to "remain faithful" to "Jehovah and His Organization". How many people stopped "living" or actually died for the cause???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit