When you might be discovered?

by confused3426 14 Replies latest jw friends

• confused3426
    confused3426

I am still in my crossroads, and going to some meetings at times. I have joined facebook ex jw support groups. On Friday one of my friends from my hall, texts me saying he saw a recommendation to join a group, and sees me listed as a member. He asked if I was ok? I got nervous and scared he might snitch on me. So I lied and said my facebook was hacked. I know I am punk for not standing up for myself. I just can't have the elders force me to talk to them, when I am still gathering my research together etc. Plus I am going to leave when I want to leave, and not when they bully me to leave. I did delete all my jw friends today on facebook and blocked them. It feels kinda of good, but I am sure they will notice I unfriended them.

Just wondering if anyone has been in this same situation?

• JW On The Loose
    JW On The Loose

I have successfully faded, and the key was deleting all of my witness "friends" from social media. If you keep them on your social media, you won't be able to live the life you want.

They noticed that they were deleted, but since I'm not at the Kingdom Hall anymore... it doesn't matter. They move on.

• confused3426
    confused3426

@ Jw on the loose. Eventually I am moving and fading away. It's going to be crazy when they figured out I deleted them all, if I see them at the hall. I am thinking if I blocked them, then it will look like I got rid of my facebook. However eventually I will muster up courage and just say yeah I deleted you so what.

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

as long as you are still going to the meetings, and the 1st 3 years thereafter, you will have to keep the JW and the not-JW worlds apart, or there will be consequences. i am not in any X-JW facebook group for that reason

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

CONFUSED:

Even though I am many years "faded", I unfriended active JWs and even many years inactive JWs. The JWs were never my friends and the others merely inactive children of JWs and by definition just acquaintances.

At this point in my life, I do not want or need the pretense of friendship of people who never cared about my existence and/or never responded to messages.

Facebook, for me now, is just keeping up with relatives I care about and the very few people who are friends. Everybody else has been deleted! If anybody is offended, well, I'm sorry.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

close your facebook account telling them you need a break and then open a new one with no connections . you don't have to use your name either.

• kairos
    kairos

Walk away from JWs as soon as you are able.
    Never look back!

• zeb
    zeb

another good reason to not be on facebook or the likes.

• raven
    raven

Hmm.. If I were you, I'd create a fake FB account and join the ex JW groups- Just so that you can keep on the down low.. If your buddy feels something is up, he would probably snitch and you'd be in the back room with the elders interrogations.. Be careful, tread lightly...

• confused3426
    confused3426

I deleted all my jw friends, and have blocked them. I feel the same way @longhair gal feels. Just b/c I see you in passing at the hall, doesn't mean we are really friends. @hoffnug I hope it doesn't take 3 years to fade away. I am ready to leave sooner than that.

raven.. I was thinking of doing that, but just felt like it was too much work for two facebook accounts. I hope he doesn't snitch on me, but if he does. I don't have to talk to the elders. They are just men, and I don't need to explain myself to no one!! I am getting my courage each day to stand up and if I don't want to talk to someone, I simply don't. I am getting out of my head, oh they mean well. NO they don't!! They are just trying to keep me in, and letting me mislead. I am done letting others think for me and decide what's best.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit