My story in part.........

by What The....... 7 Replies latest jw friends

• What The.......
    What The.......

Well I guess I should give you my story as of now. I have been a JW now for about 6 years and have been the model Witness. About a year ago I started reading my bible and writing down verses that I didn?t understand. Well, that is where the trouble started. As I started to find verses that seemed to counteract some of the things I know as truth. It was very confusing. As I started to ask questions of the elders, (one at first, he was the one I studied with when I came into the truth.) I felt as if some of the questions were not answered.

As an example of this Hebrews through me for a loop because it talked about Jesus being our mediator between God and ourselves. I was told that was only for the anointed and not for the earthly class.

The elders could not point me to any verse that stated this. I then came to find out?(I guess I should have known this by now.) that most of the new testament was written for only the anointed class. Still that was not stated even remotely in the Bible.

I have had a hard time of this since I went through Hebrews.

There are many more issues that have come up since I dedicated myself to reading the Bible and honestly asking questions. I never meant for it to be against the Faithful and discrete slave.

I don?t know if I should even be posting here. I just need answers, but don?t want to be viewed as causing trouble. Or worse an apostate.

What The?..
    (now you know why I picked the screen name I did)

• talesin
    talesin

{{{{what the ...}}}}

in case you don't know that ... it means hugs

(note: been there, did that, hope you 'see' the 'truth' soon)

tal

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    There are many more issues that have come up since I dedicated myself to reading the Bible and honestly asking questions.

There is nothing wrong with asking questions. Anyone who tells you otherwise is trying to sell you something.

We are thinking, reasoning creatures. To my knowledge the Society does not claim to be infallible, nor do they claim to be inspired like the prophets. They have always maintained they are capable of making mistakes. So if you have found one of them, what is wrong with that?

Just because someone says they have the truth, doesn't make it so. You go on asking questions and keep on asking until you find the answers you are looking for. Remember what Paul said, "Prove to youself ..." We all have to prove to ourselves what is true, and what we accept as truth. That is the way of this life.

Peace,

Chris

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hey I'm glad you finally told your story (or at least an interesting part of it).

This website is NOT for people who want a religious body to make all their decisions and do all their thinking for them. Apparently your elders have given you the "company line" on things -- and that is, stop trying to make sense of the Bible for yourself, but just follow this group of men who have proclaimed themselves the "Faithful and Discreet slave".

Nobody should be viewed as an apostate for merely asking questions. Standards differ though, from one congregation of JW's to the next, or from one area to another. Some elders may feel threatened by the questions you propose. But really your questions aren't radical. The one about Christ not being mediator for ALL Jehovah's Witnesses blew me away too -- and that was while I was a practicing, believing Jehovah's WItness.

My unasked for advice is don't worry what their leaders call themselves -- "faithful slave" or whatever. If their ideas don't sound faithful to you, that is for you to decide. If they act like a "master over your faith" instead of a helpful slave, then they are not living up to their name.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Relax What The,

You are among friends who have been there. You are doing the right thing. The truth can stand the test of investigation. If it does not stand the test it is not truth. But brace yourself for a really unique journey.

I especially like you avatar, "What The". Most of us here have shouted that in our hearts too. My avatar is Jst2laws. My Bible reading lead me to realize that was the message of Jesus. No priests, no temples, no law code, no guilt, no works of redemption or sacrifices, no field service reports, no laws. Just LOVE. Are you close to this point?

Steve, (Jst2laws)

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

"What The"... I remember feeling the way you did. It was difficult... agonizing, actually.

As I continued to search for truth, I finally came to believe that the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses didn't have the answers. Whatever you conclude, I hope that you will at least continue the search, since that is the important part. No human--person or group--and come between us and Jehovah.

If you feel like chatting, feel free to send me a Private Message.

• Myxomatosis
    Myxomatosis

Hello Whatthe....

How are you! When I read this, it sounded EXTREMELY similar to this audio I was listening to the other day, go to this link, and move down to the Kevin Quick audio, and remember, if the Bible cannot be understood without the Watch Tower, if it is in darkness without the Watch Tower aid, that means that it is either the Bible that is in darkness, ,,, or the Watch Tower. It's awesome that you are studying Scriptures on your own and you can see the indescrepancy....ALSO, the Chapter in Raymond Franz book "Crisis of Conscience" "Point of Decision" specifically pages 283-85 deal with THIS very thing, how it came to be in the late 70's, and it disturbed his conscience too. Yes, the Bible does teach that Jesus Christ is the mediator for ALL MEN. "one mediator between GOD and MAN, and that is the man JESUS CHRIST."

"And we still urge, as in the past, that each reader study the subjects we present in the light of the Scriptures, proving all things by the Scriptures, accepting what they see to be thus approved, and rejecting all else."

Zion's Watch Tower and Herald of Christ's Presence December 15 1896 (reprint) p.2080

• sens
    sens
    About a year ago I started reading my bible and writing down verses that I didn?t understand. Well, that is where the trouble started.

What The....This happens Alot....I have heard some experiences of witnesses who went thru the same thing....some of the talks here are ok...The best talk being by 'Carl Mickins' "heart 2 heart with jw on wts doctrine''...... some talks are 2 born againish for me but here is the site:

www.jwinfoline.com/Page/audio.htm

Sens

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit