What do you think?

by Flowerpetal 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Flowerpetal
    Flowerpetal

Some of you that have been away from the Borg for a while may not know that the segment of the meeting when the CO visits the congregations, called New Things Learned, is no more. Instead we are given another talk.

I am of the opinion that it was discontinued because too many far out answers were being given for one question--and it may have prompted discussion after the meeting that would result in speculation and/or leanings toward apostate teachings.

What might you guys think is the reason?

The way it is now, we are all relagated to answering questions out of a book, on Thursday nights, which is the book study--but the whole congregation meets at the hall. That's 45 minutes--and then 1/2 hr. talk by the CO. And that's it for his talks until Sunday.

• Mutz
    Mutz

They really are dumbing down the troof. Reading some of the newer publications is like going back to Junior School.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

And all CO talks are now from outline -- he at one time could make up his own -- it is going more and more to centralized control

• Enishi
    Enishi

Although I do like our current CO, most of his talks still revolve around the tired old "field service is more important than anything, do more more more!"

Sometimes I wonder if the guy even agrees with everything the Society tells him to say.

• metatron
    metatron

The written review is gone too. Dumbing down is the simplest explanation.

metatron

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    The written review is gone too.

Really? I didn't know that.

Brings down the attendance numbers I guess.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit