2015 October 5 and 6, BOEs!

by Atlantis 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• menrov
    menrov

Also, why emphasize this: sent to your circuit overseer—not to the branch office

• truthlover
    truthlover
    Sent to Co is because the Big Boys don't make decisions like this anymore, the CO's have all the responsibility re the congregations and appointments.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

It's crazy in the first letter that they already acknowledge the problem that elders keep rating each other as grade A speakers, when they probably really suck. Yet this entire process seems to strengthen the elders' Good Ole Boys Club.

It becomes very easy for elders to reward their family and friends that may be terrible speakers yet want to be onstage. For any 'outsider' elders that may actually be good speakers, it becomes very easy for Da Club members to find a reason to cut them out.

I've given plenty of convention talks and heard plenty more of them. Sure, some speakers are better than others, but even for a good speaker there's only so much you can do to put life and reason into the sometimes jumbled and rehashed outlines.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I agree Billy, right from my very first PT, when I was 21, the Cong Servant as they were at the time gave me a 55 Minute AWAY talk as my first ever ! I realized that you had to knock the Outline into some sort of shape.

In the end, I gave up P.T's because I could not find Outlines that were not at least half-full of stuff I would not spout from any Platform, I told the Cong. Overseer (as they were by then, now COBOE) that too.

That was about 4 years before I finally walked away, heck knows what the Outlines are like now if they were shite a decade or so ago.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

"Does he have a reputation for being opinionated and dogmatic? Is he known as one who is harsh in judgment? Does he view his own opinion on matters as the final word? Does he procrastinate or handle assignments in a cavalier fashion? Are there questions about his dress or grooming? Would using a certain brother be offensive to some in the audience because of past problems or family difficulties? If you have answered yes to any of the questions listed above and the brother was not listed last year, then you should not list him at this time. However, you should endeavor to help the brother with his weakness so that he may qualify in the future."

Yah! We're talking about elders in the 110,000 Christian Congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses...worldwide! With elders as the above paragraph describes....any wonder why the JW rank and file are like sheep without a Shepherd?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit