How many of us has been through therapy as a result...

by petespal2002 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

My mom entered therapy about a year before we all left. She still goes but just once a month now. She says it helps her sort things out. The society has no hold on us since we all left together.

My lurker friend here told me today that she plans to do the same. She and mom had a long talk about it. She has serious problems with family in the borg. But she's had enough of the lies. Hopefully therapy will help her to deal with what's going to go down.

• Enishi
    Enishi

I went to a psychologist for a while, though it was mainly because my mother thought I needed to learn how to be less introverted. The thing is though, I think part of the reason for my being introverted was due to growing up as a witness. My psychologist seemed to think I was fairly normal, if a bit shy, up until one point that is.

I got baptised out of a sincere desire to serve God and commit myself to a spiritual path, but the exclusivist theology of watchtower began to frustrate me more and more over the years. Eventually, I got to the point where I couldn't take it anymore and just sort of blew up to my psychologist (I wasn't yelling mind you). I spent almost a whole hour telling him about how life is totally meaningless, either a vengeful god is going kill us all because we once saw harry potter, we're an illusion, or our lives are a tragic accident of athiestic chance and we're nothing more than highly evolved pond scum. The poor guy seemed a tad schocked, I had never vented quite like that before. He commented that he had never meet another person with the same worries as me.

Now, after I no longer believe the WTS owns God, I can say that I'm much happier.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit