jws hassle 3 yr old

by Blackcat 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Blackcat
    Blackcat

seems the jws are getting desprate for recruits, an article from a localpaper....... http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/story3.html thought you all would be interested!!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Kinda funny, but the lady is obviously not thinking things through (and we all know what kind of religion you can wind up in if you don't think things through).

Her children were safe and unharmed. She gets a new opportunity to instruct them on the dangers of strangers (with the knowledge that so far, they arent getting it the way she wants them to), as well as what she wants them to believe about religion.

On the other hand, I do think Wits should be careful to not bypass parents. Still, what kind of a world is it if you, as a perfectly safe stranger, can't go up and speak to kids? There has to be some balance, and kids are not benefited by an unhealthy fear of everyone and everything.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

It is sad that the mother don't want their kids to hear the good news of God's Kingdom. What a witch!!

• Enlighted UK
    Enlighted UK

I can remember doing the same thing when I was a JW, thinking I was being so spiritual, zealous etc etc to witness to a child.

Now as a mum (and ex-JW) of a 3 year old, I defy anyone, even my in-laws and my husband (nominal to please the in-laws JW) to say a word about the organisation and all the lies it stands for. My husband has never argued with me on this point (so we know how much he believes it!!) His sister decided to stop going to meetings, and her family turned against her, and only started talking to her again when my husband "had a little chat with his mother and brother (an elder)!" What a loving family. And they are not alone in the organisation for doing this.

It is a dangerous organisation for any child to be brought up in, because if, as you grow up you decide you can't believe any of it, you are disowned by your former "associates" (I won't say friends) for having a mind of your own, even if you are not shoving your beliefs in their faces all the time.

Enjoy your life - it is the only one you'll have.

• Jigrigger
    Jigrigger

Fred,

It was probably refreshing for these JW women to talk with someone on the same emotional level...;)

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

Six, do you have any kids?

I would have called the cops on those Jaydubs. Sane decent rational people KNOW that you don't engage little kids in conversation unless a parent is nearby. That's a fact of life for parents today. You can't be too careful. Kids HAVE to be scared of strangers. Evil people look just like everyone else. You can't expect a kid to make distinctions. You have to do that for them. Parents shouldn't have to worry about religous fanatix insinuating themselves into kids' minds over the front fence. Those cowardly women deserve every embarrassment for their stupidity. I hope they learned a lesson!

It's not unhealthy to mistrust every stranger that passes by; especially strangers that try to offer anything to the kids, even religious crap. If the Jdubs were honest and straighforward they would have said, 'could we talk to your mommy?' instead of schmoozing the babies.

Dubs have abslolutely NO scruples about their methods. IMO this mom didn't go far enough. She should have pressed charges.

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Hey jigrigger,

Like Jesus didn't talk to kids while he was on earth.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

MommieD,

Yes, I have a daughter.

I think you have forgotten a bit. You were once one of these dubs. You were not evil, I hope. I just went to a gathering full of dubs. They were not an evil bunch. By and large, children are safe from them.

One other thing to note: there are no charges to be pressed. You may not like it, but it is not illegal, and that happens to be a good thing.

Sane decent rational people KNOW that you don't engage little kids in conversation unless a parent is nearby.

Hmmmm, I'm a decent, rational, and quite sane person, and I know nothing of the sort. In fact, I think it is insane of you to make that statement. Actually, I think you just didn't think about what you were really saying. I'll fight to the death for humanity to stay human, even in these trying times. Sane, decent, rational people not being able to talk to children is no humanity at all. It would be an imitation of life.

As I said in my first post, I think Wits should be careful not to bypass parents. But as I pointed out, only good could come to this womans family from her experience, if she indeed wants good to come from it (as opposed to just bitching about it).

I allow my daughter to go to the Kingdom Hall with her grandmother several times a week. I am not a bit worried that the "truth" will win out over the truth. She will be just fine, because I will give her access to the truth.

• Enlighted UK
    Enlighted UK

To SixofNine

You say you let your daughter go the Kingdom HAll with her grandmother??

Your daughter will be making friends with those she meets at the Hall.

What do you think will happen when she reaches an age to make a decision for herself, and decides that it is not for her, or that she want's to go to University and doesn't want to Pioneer. Or that maybe whatever career she chooses will mean missing meetings??

If it is anything like my experience, "friends" made at the Hall won't even LOOK at me know, even though I am not DA or DF. Without support from my parents (also ex-JW/ex-Elder) I would not have been able to make the break - but it is still very very hard to live with the shunning that is so active.

I refuse to allow my daughter to go through the same thing.

JW will welcome all new ones with open arms, but discard old ones with a kick! Remember that.

It is good that your daughter will have you for support when she needs it.

Enjoy your life - it is the only one you'll have.

• Jigrigger
    Jigrigger

Fred,

Like Jesus peddled the same kind of crap as JWs do...

Jigrigger

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit