I am a Militant Happyist

by jgnat 14 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

I avoid newspapers and search out eyes. I bumble my way on to hoarded subway seats. My plump bottom overspills it?s share of seat, as I breathe warm and fuzzy greetings in to my startled neighbour?s face. I politely inquire on their book or the weather, whatever might grudge a smile. ?This snow keeps up we will get to ski home. Who needs to buy lift tickets? Just step out the door.? I boldly offer to shake a young man?s hand. ?I bet you go to the same High School as my boy - down this block, is it? Is Mister Grady still the Gym Teacher?? Hiding behind a punk scrawl, I find the insecure boy yearning for a mother?s care. ?I played flute in the school band, too,? I comment to the slim dark boy clutching his scuffed case. We share a secret smile no one else notices. I roam the transit with impunity, a forgettable motherly figure in a sea of humanity.

I have encountered the midnight hiding in the soul of man. That chilling blackness kills, and it nearly swallowed me. I ran, ran, ran from that vicious hatred. Now I fight, fight, fight to take back the darkness.

I mean to bring my small town home.
    One person at a time.
    I am a Militant Happyist, and I push back the night.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am crushed! On of my dearly held factlets turns out to be a rural legend...

• shamus
    shamus

jgnat,

I love your first post... I don't get your 2nd. Seriously.

Are you a writer? You should be if you're not. Some people have that incredible gift to write incredible things... art with words, so to speak. As for myself, I am more or less just the grunt and groaner class

• jgnat
    jgnat

Thank you, Shamus. That bit of writing was a piece of my soul, so it is doubly flattering that you enjoyed it better. Deep does not always gain a lot of responders. After all, that kind of writing makes people think rather than jump to conclusions. So I included a bit of fluff to round out the thread, so to speak.

Does collecting rejection slips make me a writer? Some of my rejection slips are really very nice. I am still looking for my audience. Redneck intellectual independent Christians.

• shamus
    shamus

Ha ha!

Ya got me! I am one! Here is the expression when I first read it!

(just kidding, jgnat)

• jgnat
    jgnat

There you are! My one audience. Shamus, you really should not hide that adorable mug behind a puppet mask.

Actually, you are the second to join my fan club. Where is Xenawarrior when I need her?

Silly me. She is partying, of course. As all normal people do on such a night. Good night, Shamus, and thanks for keeping me company.

• shamus
    shamus

You're welcome.

• freein89
    freein89

jg, that was beautiful. Thankyou. I will go out and share your philosophy and gift of love with the world today. And your gift for words, I can only dream.

Deb

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

jgnat -

Your post brought tears to my eyes. I was very touched. Your words are quite powerful.

Lisa

• jgnat
    jgnat

Shamus???? Is that really you??? What a cutie.

Freein89 and Arrowstar, you made me re-read those words. Now I am getting misty-eyed. Nothing would make me happier than to build a contingent of Militant Happyists, subverting our society from within. I hit the mark? I managed to share my passion? Good. My writing must be getting better then. I strongly believe that Art is partly talent and mostly craft.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit