Well, I suppose an introduction is in order

by Enishi 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Enishi
    Enishi

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking on this site for the past two months and just now decided to post. I was raised a witness, and got baptised only a couple years ago. However, shortly after my baptism I started having doubts, and began to suffer from low self esteem. Part of it was based on things I read over the internet. I had tried to take my questions to the elders, but their answers were either unsatisfactiory or accusing (i.e. where did you hear this information?). However, only about six months ago I learned of the child molestation and the UN scandal. At first I was shocked, but then actually felt relieved. I know, its horrible that these things happened, but it was a great relief to know that the dub slavemasters were never chosen by God. Although I'm still an active witness (to an extent) I can confidently say that I've severed my mental ties with the organization, and it feels great.

• Badger
    Badger

Welcome!

you're farther along than some (like me), but you seem to know the routine!

*to the first of many posts*

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Welcome Enishi!

Nice to have you here.

Lisa

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yes, it's a big relief, when you realize the wt isn't god's org. Congratulations. It takes a lot of courage to check things for yourself. I too felt that initial shock, before the relief.

SS

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

Hi-YaWelcome aboard Jump For Joy Enishi !!!

Old Crow

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Welcome to JWD, Inishi! Here's to your awakening!

Cheers!

Frannie B

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Hi There ! Big HOWDY !!!

• rocketman
    rocketman

Welcome!!

• blondie
    blondie

Hi Enishi.

Blondie