If there ever was another defector from the GB who would apostatise ?

by Chook 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• Chook
    Chook

I don’t think any would give up the gravy train but that’s me personally. Ray Franz was part of a larger club.

• humbled
    humbled

Franz believed in God’s love, was honest and had a brain.

Sound like a profile of one of these left overs?

NO!

• Listener
    Listener
    If any of them happened to have those thoughts and were sincere, I think they would be more likely to use their position to make changes. It's possible that some have even tried and were content with what they were personally able to achieve and justifying the rest by leaving it in God's hands.
  • neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

The new one, Cook, I don't know enough about to see if he's a candidate.

Loesch stumbled onto the GB and has the same mentality as many typical rank and file, not sure he's capable.

Splane is a self-deluded zealot in the vein of Fred Franz.

Morris is a hardliner who'll be right even when he's wrong.

Lett has an air of innocence, but I think there's more going on in that head than meets the eye. He can be mean if he doesn't know you're looking.

Sure, Herd is a mysogonist who's loyal to the org, but he's softened recently and knows a lot of it is crap. Still, he's just tired and doesn't want to rock the boat.

So for me it's down to Sanderson and Jackson.

Sanderson is the youngest and is still very idealistic and hero worship-ey regarding his senior GB fellows, but he's bound to have seen many things he never knew of in the past few years on the team, and still has a chance to come around to a situation that would make him defect. He also doesn't have a JW wife to hold him down.

Jackson seems to be the most easy going of the bunch. In his talks he also seems the most likely to insert thoughts about less legalism, more compassion, and more focus on Jesus. He seems to sincerely believe in the org, and probably feels he was justified in using theocratic warfare at the ARC, probably even being prepped on what to say before going. He also has his language teaching book listed on Amazon and was seen with not a very close shave in two pictures when he was younger in his life story. He also still has a chance as he isn't too old yet, his parents still being alive.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Any person who for one reason or another finds himself/herself given power and authority over multitudes of people would/does have a very hard time to give up that power and authority.

Very few if any would ever do so on a voluntary basis .

Ray Franz was an exception and not likely to be joined by any other .

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

No one, no way, no how.

After Ray Franz, their vetting process was cranked up to 11, and it has never been dialed down.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    After Ray Franz, their vetting process was cranked up to 11, and it has never been dialed down.

Which explains why the Governing Body keep getting weirder and weirder.

BTW I think the main lesson they may have learned from the Franz brothers experience is no nepotism on the GB choosing committee. AM#3 should forget about his sons coming on board.

• JRK
    JRK

Considering the lastest crew, it would have to be the 2 newer ones. The others were all Teddy's yes men. Not one idea to share with the bunch of them.

JK

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Brokeback WT - "Which explains why the Governing Body keeps getting weirder and weirder."

ROTFLMFAO!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit