My quote for the day -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

by logansrun 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Panda
    Panda

OWH and Bradley --- what a pair.

Yes I agree that understanding is worth the pain of "complexity." But then we're at another simplicity before another complexity... IMO that makes life worth living. Never stop questioning and learning and experiencing and experimenting.

Otherwise: Nothing doesn't exist, that's why it's nothing. The hypothetical construct of zero is not measurable, therefore zero. That's why we often must use an absolute value to measure less than zero. Heck, the square root of -1 is called "i" an imaginary number . But we've got loads of space btwn zero and one to express <1. Physicists tell us that magnetism and gravity are the energy responsible for black holes, stars, planets, big bangs, electron orbits, polarity , ion drive (you get the picture). So again there is no real silence. And a tabula rasa is still a tabula.

If I may quote Occam, "What is, is possible."

• Panda
    Panda

Euph, Have you been reading Kuhn?

• gambit
    gambit

And it sounds like JT has been reading Toa Te Ching.

• jgnat
  • JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    it sounds like JT has been reading Toa Te Ching.

Yes, I have read it. Several times. Many years ago. I have discovered though, that it is not about "reading". Not about repeating or philosophizing on someone's words -- no matter how wise they may be. It's about looking deep within our own consciousness at the presence and aliveness that words and beliefs can never capture. At best, words can only point....back to you. j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit