Bombarded by Particles....Whoaaat??

by Sentinel 12 Replies latest social current

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Hi JeffT,

When I posted the information in my initial post, the storm had begun on the sun and some flares had been occuring for several days; however, this enormous flare was very significant and totally separate. It "occured" some hours earlier, that's true, but the partical affects didn't reach us here in my area until Wed., around noon. The earth was bombarded with radiation for eight minutes and that is something that isn't "felt" or "seen". We didn't notice anything unusual here, and by the following evening, we had everything plugged back up. Quite quickly, the scale was downgraded yesterday (29th), as it took it's northward path away from directly hitting the earth. Still, the storm is very significant and is still producting gigantic flares. Who knows what they will do or how they will move? It's not like "we here on earth" can move out of the way. I don't believe the media over-reacted at all in this area. In fact, all that I heard on local TV stations was that the skies over certain areas "north" were filled with lovely water-color movements. Some of the photos have been exceptionally beautiful.

Personally, as soon as I got wind of the event--and by the way, there is one big one coming right behind the other one--and as I write this (30th) I went to the site that I put up in my post. It has kept me well-informed from a scientific view, and not a "media-event" view. I know what you mean about that for sure.

• Panda
    Panda

Sentinel: Yes there were 2 sun storms of a tremendous release of energy. The Japanese lost a satellite --- so much for those nay sayers who think this won't cause trouble. Also airlines were warned to fly below 25,000 ft for a few hours. I believe this is a fact of the Better Safe than sorry school. Here are 2 other websites for information:

http://www.sec.noaa.gov/SWN/

http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/press/pro323.html

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Thanks Panda. I will check out these sites that you listed. From what I read this morning, we will get a real solar blast on Nov. 2nd. So its far from over.

To think that we would not be affected by this activity in our solar system is obsurd,...in MHO.

Wow, Panda, that second site you listed is fantastic! I've saved it to my "favorites".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit