Why couldn't I stop laughing?

by Vanderhoven7 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Help me understand why I could not stop laughing watching this apparently serious video?

https://youtu.be/xLuJ6cpznW4

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I am beginning to think it's because of this young man's ongoing, detailed, honest frustrated ramblings about what it's like to be a Jehovah's Witness. No way is he going to let Watchtower religion steal any more of his life.

This video would serve as great tool to disillusion would-be recruits to the organization.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I don't know... I thought he was genuine in what he said , not funny.

He did not talk about any of the common doctrinal issues that we have , just his experiences with the local dubs , and the pressue he felt with study and meeting preparation. .. He must have taken that admonition very literally . Most of them don't do that much.

Perhaps he will come on here in a bit?

• Fadeaway1962
    Fadeaway1962

It's good that he woke up to the manipulation and control of the JWs at a young age , hope he makes a success of his life

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    Good for him. It is a commentary on how inept the WT is in making a connection with young people. He doesn't say anything about doctrine, nothing about the organization's finances, the reason he left is that the Witness life is not satisfying to him. He wanted his life back.
  • days of future passed
    days of future passed

Nice guy, I'm glad he wised up.

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising

Glad to see more and more leave the cult. This will ultimately put more pressure on the cult.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Help me understand why I could not stop laughing watching this apparently serious video?

My wife and I both chuckled in a few spots even though he wasn't meaning to be funny. He has a humorous way of expressing himself at times.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VANDERHOVEN:

It was very good and he’s honest. It seems he left over principles and not because he was the victim of any serious injustice (or at least I didn’t get that impression).

I too felt the Witness religion was all-consuming. I confess that I never did ALL the reading. I worked full time and just didn’t have time to do it all and I felt all these assignments were from people not in reality that other people had to work for a living!

He is also spot on about the control, brainwashing, hypocrisy and also fake friends as phony as fake nails. I found it interesting how they tried to get him to change his mind when he submitted his Disassociation letter. (They don’t want to lose a man if they can help it.).. But, I’m happy for him he is out - and, as he says: “he got his life back”. I remember the feeling!

• Mum
    Mum

His earnest and emotional tone and some facial expressions amused me when he was talking about such mundane, boring realities of being a JW.

I don't know if anyone without experience being a JW or being closely associated with JW's would really quite understand all he was talking about. I like him. I agree that he's a really nice person and am glad he's freed himself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit