Cart observations from Cardiff South Wales

by freddo 18 Replies latest jw friends

• freddo
    freddo

I was in a suburb of Cardiff, capital of Wales where it was difficult to get near to my customer's offices to deliver and install what I do. I had my car parked about a hundred yards away and had to make several trips with goods and tools past a local JW trolley cart. As I was working I didn't stop but observed much of the time from an upper floor office window.

In the hour or so I was there, on a warm sunny (for late February) lunchtime/early afternoon - right by a bus stop and several local shops, cafes and banks with plenty of people about - not one person stopped at the cart.

The two women at the cart I guess were about 50 and 75 respectively - pleasant looking motherly/grandmotherly types.

On my last trip to my car I briefly asked them what they were doing and they told me they were JW's and offered people a hope for the future and looked forward to a time when the earth would be a paradise. I didn't engage them much as time was short but I asked them if they "ever had any success at recruitment?".

They looked at each other and the older one said "Well ... not on this shift ... but we aim to be visible and direct people to our website so they can get answers to their questions."

I had to get going but just gave them a big grin and parting shot of: "Well by just standing here counting your time, I suppose you've earned yourselves an extra day of everlasting life haven't you ...?"

Our eyes met - the older lady's and mine - and she knew that I knew what much of JW'ism is all about and she looked at the floor. The younger woman avoided my gaze immediately.

I let them off the hook, went to my car, drove off and gave a cheery wave and toot on the horn. The younger lady half raised her hand but looked away ...

Sorry it's not more interesting but I thought I'd let you know.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

Thanks for posting. I don't mind that you didn't talk to them for hours and converted them to ex jw...They needed a little taste of reality.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

"........but we aim to be visible and direct people to our website" - the new JW mantra.

Many JW's sadly (and privately) probably admit that this is now their primary function.

"Preaching the good news of the kingdom" is now old light. The chariot has changed direction.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Wasting their lives away, good times good times..

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

What you Said young Fred was just Right, Bernard Cribbins would have approved LOL

No, I mean it, just a simple remark, from an obviously happy XJW is enough to make them think, if anything will, engaging them in long discussions is often a waste of time.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

But it IS interesting freddo... you left a thought, a potential seed. So, thanks for letting us know.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

I suppose you've earned yourselves an extra day of everlasting life haven't you ...

ha ha--i like that

• cofty
    cofty

'The good news of this website will be declared in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations and then the end will come.'

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

Good job freddo, I wish I had the same courage as you. And if I remember you phrase, I´ll try to use as well

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Why don't this WT realize that this Cart Witnessing is a great disgrace to their good old Jehovah.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit