Can I get to heaven?

by JesusFreak 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JesusFreak
    JesusFreak

I was wondering if I become a Jehova's witness tonight and die tommorow, will I go to Heaven?

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Strange question; Jehovah's Witlesses don't believe in heaven in the way you seem to think they do... in case you don't know, this site is mostly visited by people who've escaped from a rather unpleasent little cult.

Given their belief structure the answer to your question is 'no'. But it's a qualified know because as we all know, all animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others...

So, 1 post, 1 question that makes you go hmmmm... what next I wonder?

• morty
    morty

Good question...I believe the answer is no....Thats what the jws would tell you anyway...

Welcome to the board!

mortons68

• Dimples
    Dimples

Welcome to the board!!!

To answer your question.....not according to the jw's.

Dimples

• mizpah
    mizpah

No...you would have to be in the organization for a few years...and then start claiming to be of "the annointed." That is the only way for a new person to get to the Watchtower Heaven. On the other hand, you could eventually go to Bethel and go to the Watchtower "Hell."

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

Sure, just take a right in Purgatory. It's about 20 billion miles north.

• ClassAvenger
    ClassAvenger

Ok, look. Whoever is talking to you about the Jehovah Witnesses, just make a 180 degree turn and run as fast as you can. If you are seriously looking into the sect, first read what a lot of people around here have to say before the Witnesses indoctrinate you. And according to them, no, you dont go to heaven, but to an earthly paradise. They just twist things around, edit something here and there in the Bible, and you end up in an earthly paradise with the 144,000 ruling along with Jehovah. Hehe, welcome to the board.

• gumby
    gumby

If you become a JW and then you die.......you'll rot in hell for the rest of your life! Really!

Stay away from those sick bastards!

Gumby

• ClassAvenger
    ClassAvenger

Ok, I was just thinking that you maybe need some more information on this topic. Look, to get to heaven, you need to be "born again" (John 3:3). In order to be born again, you have to have faith in Christ (1 John 5:1). Once you have faith in Christ, you are sealed, saved, and are considered a son of God. God's Kingdom is for everyone: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him, shall not perish, but have eternal life" (John 3:16).

• sens
    sens

Hi & Welcome :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit