Short update(s) on my neighbor

by bebu 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• bebu
    bebu

Valis, was there a particular quote you had in mind from the early publishings? I've used this site frequently and it's a gold mine... nearly an overload!

Oh yes, total lipservice to Jesus and the Bible, but then off to obey the GB and read WT offal.

bebu

• Valis
  • bebu
    bebu
    When they talk about love or Jesus, they are in retreat.

Gary, how precisely do you mean this? For example, in a conversation, and they are on the defense, in what way do they refer to love? I need to understand this point better. I think I get the comments about "destruction" and severe themes being how they plunge forward, believing that these things cannot be disproved. Yet in what ways would they use Jesus or love when they start feeling their foundations shifting/

Thanks for insight in advance. I'll keep thinking your points over.

bebu

PS--Guess you've secretly been reading a King James Version...

They will not spend much time on the topic of Jesus, they will jump to Paul and then unto the Old Testament.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi Bebu, I wanted to hit my i but I hit my u instead. Hahaha I like the KJV point.

The Watch Tower Corporation Witnesses have two religions, the one they want to show you, and the real one. Jesus and love are front jobs from the one they want to show you. The real corporate religion is one of exclusivity, isolation, and secretive deception. Very little in the group is as it appears to the casual observer. There is a facade, both in doctrine and practices.

Witness literature and meeting study points for acceptance do not spend time on love and Jesus. They spend time establishing the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation as God's printing corporation and deliver instructions on how to make book sales and how to recruit new members,(who are to become book sellers as well). That, and the end time prediction and how to treat former members (like me) and critics.

The Watch Tower Corporation is a hate club trying to appear reasonable and respectable. Whenever they appear reasonable and respectable, you are seeing the facade because they see you as a possible new recruit. They also want to appear reasonable and respectable when they are baffled or scared. In sales, it's called a safe harbor.

Example: Bebu Q. Who do you think will die in Armageddon? JW A. Only Jehovah can read hearts. - - - That's a retreat because they know their real doctrine is unacceptable. It's a safe harbor. They are vulnerable here and they know it, Jesus and love don't work with the real truth. And it's a straw man. It's actually a different subject.

Example: Bebu Q. Why do you shun your relatives who quit being Witnesses? JW A. Because the Bible tells us to. - - - Retreat and straw man again and a safe harbor. The real reason they shun is because the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation tells them they must. To admit that reveals them as the puppets that they are. I have never known a Witness to give a truthful answer to that question.

They are deceptive by omission and by subterfuge. Also they are prone to chanting. Usually the chants go on for two to five minutes. If they are chanting they are almost impossible to interrupt them and if you do they become agitated.

You are welcome to call me at a reasonable time at 605-334-5692. I am in USA Central time. I'd be happy to discuss it. There is almost too much to write. GaryB

• bebu
    bebu

Ahhhhhhhh. Got what you meant! Thanks for the clarification!!! Very helpful.

They are deceptive by omission and by subterfuge. Also they are prone to chanting. Usually the chants go on for two to five minutes. If they are chanting they are almost impossible to interrupt them and if you do they become agitated.

Sounds like the memorized drone of a Mormon testimony!! I do think a good solid question from sideways to throw them off-track would help then, if this is so... But I will probably call you tomorrow to clarify this (I've never heard of this "chanting" before), as well as any other point you'd wish to remind me of. (To save thy fingers from the travail of typing... )

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit