Richard Rawe ,exjw Life story is off Broadway N.Y. Nov 20 /03

by Don Smith 13 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

This brings tears to my eyes. I only met Richard on one occasion. It was at a BRCI conference in Chicago. I gave a presentation on stress management. Richard was up front taping the whole thing. Several years later, I went to a BRCI conference in Orlando, and several people commented on the video tape that brother Rawe had recorded on my behalf.

• Don Smith
    Don Smith

A word of thanks to all you dear brothers and sisters for filling in the gaps by supplyiny the information others requested .

When Richard first called me about the broadway show i had to listen very closely to what he was saying due to his speech impediment brought on by a number of strokes . But like Alan said Richard is one of a kind.When he started to tell me his story i found it difficult to believe what i was hearing , the heartless treatment being meted out by the reps of the wt org. seemed unreal . But both Richard and his wife Frances would laugh after relating the ill treatment they received at the hands of the WT showing they had overcome with time and understanding to help others like myself to realize that i had a cake walk compared to what they went through .

I mentioned the May /04 date of the next conference as Detroit City , but i misheard Richards words and i received an e mail from Grace Goth stating the conf. was being held at Tri City WA and not Detroit City

Thanks again nice to hear from all Don

• mouthy
    mouthy

Don I never sent you the info ...If you are meaning Grace Gough.....Unless you know a GRACE GOTH>>?????? Sorry I am not the one with the info.On BRCI I only know about the PA convention.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Richard Rawe was a member of a once a month support group that my wife and I started attending in 1988. I agree, he's a great guy, and a tireless worker at exposing the inner machinations of the Watchtower. I'm sorry to hear of his health problems. I've lost touch with him over the years, but if one of you is in contact with him, tell him that Jeff and Debbie from the old Burien support group said "Hi."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit