Dec 15th WT - Our Watchfulness Takes on Greater Urgency

by truthseeker 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

blondie wrote:

BTW, the WTS has 2 articles on the year's text every December to whip up enthusiasm, haha. I always wondered why the service year begins in September but a new year's text isn't enacted until January????

September is the beginning of the fiscal service year, as opposed to the calendar year's beginning on Jan 1.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

hmmmm......sounds like yet ANOTHER reason to look with suspicion and be judgMENTAL against fellow members......for not being not being in a "frantically kingdom-first-oriented mode".....

Frannie B

• waiting
    waiting
    What about the idea of having to run to the Kingdom Hall itself when the Big A started? That was the part that sounded new to me. But maybe this is just my mum's take on things. Are they now stockpiling cots and blankets and C-rations so people can wait out the tribulation in the KH? Wouldn't that be fun? - a good poster (forgot name...duh)

I remember in the early 70's that it was DRILLED into our heads that our local KH - and primarily our Book Study Site was our Link To Information When The Great Tribulation Started. That's the primary reason we were supposed to go each week........so we'd get the most immediate information on how to save ourselves & our jw family.

Remember those horrible experiences of brothers being gunned down in front of their tv's - because they stayed home & didn't go to The Meeting. Those Faithful Witnesses were saved because the evil soldiers KNEW all in the KH were Good Christians.

The conducting elder was The One Who Knew Us. What if the phone lines are down? No foord or water? Dying of apostate gunshoot wounds? Pestilence all around us? Loose wild animals trying to devour us? Blood running like a river through our front yards? Well.............our Book Study Conductor would know what to do.

No food/blankets/medicine - as any good jw is taught that "we do not stockpile as that would state we don't trust in Jehovah to save us." Just WT information.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, The Good 'Ol Days. augggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh!

• jackal
    jackal
    ... our Book Study Conductor would know what to do.

Heaven help us! Our book study conductor was a pale, pasty, mouse of a man whose hands shook through the entire study. Not exactly the kind of guy you'd want to lean on during a crisis.

BTW, the name's Jackal, jes like it sez.

Jackal

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

90 years have passed since the last days of this system of things began in 1914.

I thought that they were getting away from the 1914 date.

wannaexit

• minimus
    minimus

That's why they call them----"BOOK STUDY OVERSEERS" now.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

On running to the Kingdom Hall:

Remember the town in South or Central America where the volcano erupted? Some of the JWs didn't leave town like they were told. They ran to the Kingdom Hall instead, thinking Jehovah would protect them there. The eruption caused a mudslide that buried the whole village including the KH. All JWs seeking saftey there in the hall were killed. The brothers told us to heed the warnings when we're told to evacuate, listen to the higher authorities.

Maybe they wised up after a few KHs got vaporized by volcanos, buried in mud, or washed away by floods to the fact that Jah doesn't protect KHs. They also took the sick opportunity to use the tragedy to illustrate the point that we should heed the warnings of the WTBTS.

Heather S. II

• blondie
    blondie

I was going to post that account, Heather. It was a sad event.

----"BOOK STUDY OVERSEERS"

Yes, minimus, and all of them received the special WTS whip to crack.

• searcher
    searcher

I still think they are shunting sideways into legitimate business, intending to leave a few muppets and the elders to carry the can when the sh*t hits the fan.

That way the WT money would be safe from the courts, etc.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

We're connected to the same central brain, Blondie.

Heather S. II

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit