Domestic Violence

by Patrick 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Patrick
    Patrick

A pebble out of your neighbors eye. Such a wonderful statement about judgement of others.
    As we fight wars on the other side of the world in an attempt to rid the world of terrorists. I would like to bring out the fact that we have terrorists right here in our town and every town in our nation.
    It is called domestic violence. We all see the world as a reflection of our inter most being. We think the world and reality are what we see, hear and do. This is how we judge others around us. By using our yardstick or the reflection of our inter most being we perceive others as the same as ourselves.
    This perception extends into the family units. If you are evil in this world then so much more evil is your wife and child.
    Even if you think of being with your neighbors wife,
    then your wife will become a whore to you in your
    mind.
    When you look at your children you see your evil reflecting on them and not the reality of their innocence.
    It is all about judgment of others and works both ways. Having homo-sexuality open and basically legal only justifies the evil in yourself. I did not say being gay was evil, but sometimes is used by abusers as justification of their evil. "At least I am not gay!"
    It is like the child molester saying he is only trying to show sexual pleasures to the child. A justification of his own evil. It changes the reflection of the hole world view.
    In our society we beat our wives and children and justify it with other evils. If there is misconduct on your part your wife and children will pay because you measure them with your yardstick and they are no better then you, so they must be guilty.
    This domestic violence is a mental illness called
    justifying evil.
    Now that I have explained why American men beat their wives and children using intimidation and fear to control the family units. I ask you sir: Why are you worried about fascism and our current government?

• Patrick
    Patrick

I did not say being gay was not evil either.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Why on earth do you think domestic violence is lmited to American families?

and what exactly do you mean by fascism and "our" current government. Whose government are you talking aout?

• nilfun
    nilfun

This reminds me of something I read about how Nazi Germany was Hitler's re-creation of his childhood, only now he was finally able to turn the tables on his family.

• waiting
    waiting
    I did not say being gay was not evil either. - patrick

Well, certainly glad you DID say that being gay WAS evil. Unless you're grammatically challenged - double negative = positive. waiting daughter of gay. daughter in law of gay (was). neice of gay. mother of gay.

• Patrick
    Patrick

Claims of men standing on soap boxes. We are headed in the direction of fascism so long as Bush, Rumsfeld, Ashcroft, Poindexter and the far right group remain in power. Have they been sleeping since the last quarter of the nineteenth century? Fascism? How these soap box politicians forget the story of the "Ghost Dance" an the notorious massacre at Wounded Knee, in which U.S.troops killed a band of Sioux Indians who had dared to flee their reservation after the "medicine man." You are worried about fascism and Federal controls of your lands. I did not see you at Wounded Knee Pow Wow, or hear your cries for freedom and liberty for our Native Americans families when they were herded up like buffalo's and caged into reservations tracts. Still today on the boarder towns of these reservations the rich mans jails are 90% Native Americans and they still live in poverty experiencing racism first hand. Fascism? There is an old tale from the Mede Ojibwe culture of Native Americans. It is about two fatherless boys sitting in the sand talking about their fathers who they do not know. A fight begins between these two boys, both claiming my father is greater then yours. As the fight intensifies and they come to blows. The spirit of the wolf hears their cries and comes out of the woods and eats both of these spoiled children declaring you are brothers.
    Some Native Americans have returned to Indian ways and have returned to the surviving "Ghost Dance." So, tell me again sir; how can you be worried about fascism in this government?

As far as the Gay issues I do not even want to go there. The Native Americans gave up those white customs and have gone back to Indian ways.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Oh my, isn't this interesting. I see you say that the native americans have given up their "white ways" as regarding homosexuality and have gone back to their old ways. What you must not realize is, their old ways viewed homosexuals as gifted and blessed or holy individuals. The native americans had one of the most open accepting viewpoint on gays since the romans and greeks thousands of years ago.

As far as being evil, I am a gay woman, and I can assure you I am not evil. My brother is gay, he is not evil either. None of the gays that I know are evil. The only evil people are those that foster hatred and division. I know that I could never change your mind, you are obviously very set in your thinking. I hope that someday you find the love and peace you deserve and learn that we are all just people trying to make our way.

As for domestic violence, I work with the state here in Washington on issues of domestic violence. I can tell you that this issue knows no boundaries of economics or race or sexual orientation. It crosses over into all cultures. In some cultures, it is looked at as normal or even holy. Usually these cultures are very male dominant.

My own experience with domestic violence was while I was a JW, my then husband. My family and the elders said there must have been something I had done to deserve it. My exhusband, thankfully has matured and is not treating his new wife this way to my knowledge. There is some hope, apparently.

Gretchen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit