How would you prefer the JWs to think of you, A, B, or C ?

by logansrun 48 Replies latest jw friends

• logansrun
    logansrun

I ran into my DF'd, trying to get back into the Dubs, uncle and my JW cousin the other day. I was coming out of a movie theatre with my "worldly" girlfriend. After a couple pleasantries we departed and they finished cleaning the theatre's windows .

It ran across my mind: the Dubs (my family, former friends) think of me in one of three different ways. They view me in one of the following categories:

A) I'm misled. A nice guy who just happened to listen to the evil lies of apostates and the world.

B) I'm weak. A nice guy who just wants to soe his oats.

C) I'm a heretic. Evil. I know "it's the truth" and simply am a sinner against the Holy Spirit. Apostate trash.

Most likely, people view me as either A or B or a combination of the two. I find that rather offensive, to be honest. I'd rather be considered a pure HERETIC and EVIL than simply intellectually misled or lacking in self-control.

So, how do the dubbies view YOU? Misled? Weak? A heretic? How would you prefer them to view you?

Bradley

• Swan
    Swan

Considering that many, like your uncle and cousin, are window washers, janitors, maids, etc.; I prefer they think of me as

D. promoted

Tammy

• freedom96
    freedom96

Depending on how they feel about you as a person, they will use whatever justification they can in their own mind to label you good or bad.

Those that love you, and care about you, are likely to think that you are mislead, or spiritually weak. The ones that don't have much of a vested interest in you, are likely going to think the worst.

For me, I don't care if they think I am spiritually weak. If that is what allows their concience to see me, talk to me, then fine. Hopefully, by example, I can show them what really matters, and how life should be.

• Aztec
    Aztec

My mom thinks I'm A, my dad thinks I'm B and the rest of my dub relatives probably see me as C. In acutality I'm none of the above but I'm sure that matters little to any of them.

~Aztec

• Mulan
    Mulan

I'm sure that most of them see us as "C" heretics.

I prefer they see me as a person, who simply decided to not be a JW anymore. Why does that make me a bad person? (I know what they would say, but they should ask themselves that individually)

• shera
    shera

D-she no longer believes its the truth and I'm 100% apostate.Also they don't effect my life any longer.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I'm sure most think of me as misled. I would prefer a fourth option though...where they realize I know the actual truth and that the JW religion is a lie. That won't happen any time soon though.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Unfortunately, I probably fall in to the A or B category as well, and it pisses me off. I'd rather be thought of as an evil heretic. Family members who are still JW's are told to be mindful of their conduct, so that I might come back. How stupid! I didn't leave because of my family's conduct, and this was made clear in my letter. Maybe if they had some education, they could do something unique; read and comprehend at the same time. GRRRR!!!

Walter

• Gopher
    Gopher

I don't really give a damn what a bunch of folks across town feel about little ol' me. Let them keep following their cultish religion. I won't get in their way, and hopefully they won't get in mine.

Since I sent a letter to the Presiding Overseer of the local congregation here to please quit calling me on the telephone, I'm sure word's got around that I'm option "C" -- evil. And they'd probably say I never was a "true" Witness in the first place, since they quote that scripture that says "they went out from us because they weren't of our sort".

So there you have it. I'm evil.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Thinking it over, I guess there is a slight bit of truth to "B" in my case. Hell, I want to soe my oats! hahahaha......

Seriously, what is SO [explicit] FRUSTRATING for me, a "walk away", is that I cannot let them all know how I really feel, that is, that their religion is absolutely wrong and that their theology is contemptible.

I'm going to my cousin's wedding next month. It will be all JWs. Seriously, I don't know if I'll be able to contain myself. Maybe I shouldn't even go.

Bradley

PS -- My uncle -- the grooms father -- is STILL not reinstated. Looks like he won't even be allowed to attend his own son's wedding. Evil.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit