Are You Surprised By How Few Witnesses Have Called You???

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I am. I've had a few people just recently call or try to visit with me and let me know that we are "missed". But in reality, the phone hardly ever rings with a Witnesses calling on the other end to see how we are. After spending a lifetime in the organization, it would seem that this couldn't happen......But, I'm glad I'm not getting harrassed either.......Did YOU get calls and visits from those that "missed" you???

• smack
    smack

2 years in Hobart, 1 visit. I kept the couple busy for about 30 minutes.

Q. What do you think about the terrible thymes we are living in?

A. Mate, I think it's never been better, better health, better government, better blah blah blah.

Q. Want a tract?

A Nah.........been there done that

ain't I a bugger

Steve

• shera
    shera

When I started to leave before I DA myself,I had a few visits of telling me I'm gonna die..blah blah blah...After I DA myself,the woman I used to study with ,slide photos of myself and my daughter under the door.lol...

Even a few yrs back she sent more pics back to me with a note,trying to guilt me to go back.

No,I'm not surprized at all...I think they just say their peice for they can go on with their JW lives.If they don't try to get us to come back at least once,it could mean our blood on their hands. All for themselves.

• minimus
    minimus

It's like either they really don't care or are afraid to say the wrong thing....

• freedom96
    freedom96

It just goes to show how little many of our "brothers and sisters" really cared.

• minimus
    minimus

In giving them the benefit of the doubt, I have to wonder if they really know what to say or how to approach it. (What does surprise me is that the body of elders has not tried to find out anything).

• acsot
    acsot

Even when you're in "good standing" they don't bother; it's been 7 months since my mother had her first stroke, and there have been no arrangements made (though I was assured there would be) for sisters to drop by, no phone witnessing done from the house, not even a shepherding call from the elders. The CO didn't even come by. When the PO dropped by one day (on his way home, he has to walk past my house - it wasn't exactly a planned visit) and asked me if the CO had been by (shouldn't the PO have known?) and I replied in the negative, he said "oops, I guess somebody goofed!" Gawd I wished my mother hadn't been sitting there at the time, I wanted to blast him. Even in her muddled state, my mother was able to say "I wish people would visit me!" Guess what? Nothing else, not a phone call, nada.

• JH
    JH

NOBODY ever phones. One elder tried a few times, years ago, but not as a friend, but rather as a cop in the congregation wanting to know why I wasn't going anymore.

On the other hand I stopped over a few times at those that I considered my friends in the congregation. They opened the door and invited me in, but not much more. They never phoned or knocked back at my door even though I hade made the first move.

They can go to heaven

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

My two elder brothers never called. I had a pioneer sister that would call on me. Looking back, I find it sad that the other ladies in the car group would wait in the car during her visit. Can you imagine now, your friends coming by and half of them stay in the car!!!!!! Unbelievable mentality.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

We have been out for 13 months. We received only 1 call from an elder, and it was to get our service time the month we left. The elders visited our house only 1 time about two months after we left. Other than that, we had two different couples visit our home but that was only a month or two after we left. We haven't had any visits/calls since November probably.

I'm not surprised.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit