The JWs biggest weakness.....

by Oxnard Hamster 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwbot
    jwbot

Why thanks, integ! *does happy dance*

• Swan
    Swan

Naw! I think their biggest weakness are all the cute young sisters who unknowingly entice these spiritually minded elders into acts that they later apologize for (without admitting they were wrong).

Tammy (furious at recent events in Spokane)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Ok, I'm a JW. Now let's open our Bible at 1 Corinthians 1: 18-30 and I quote

So am I a JW --- but it was OK for the apostle Paul to be wise wasn't it-- it is all very well for someone who had a good education (educated at the seat of Gamaliel) to then say the above. Bit like a guy/gal who is rich coming in the truth and saying money is not important. Who was the biggest contributor to the New Testament -Paul -- who had a fabulous education -- if I remeber Luke was not far behind -- he was a doctor -- - and if you really take time to study the scriptures it is obvious that Ezra had a big hand compiling the Old Testamenat -- another well educated man -- and just who is really running Brooklyn these days -- the lawyers -- yes you guessed it -- other well educated people -- so lets get our facts straight shall we?

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster
    Actually, I found the JW's biggest weakness is the hobby or activity he/she truly loves more than the religion. It could be football, dancing, music, painting, etc.

So these people have hobbies and are human after all.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Hey Stephanus. You're back. I felt like I had been transported to another time and place when I saw your post.

You said:

but I find the surviving Dubs to be a different breed than they were even about 8 years ago. Back then they'd give you a round of verbal fisticuffs worth having; now they just turn tail and run if they perceive any Bible (or even broadbased general knowledge) understanding on your part.

I agree. Back then and even earlier, we were always reminded via the mags and assemblies, by quotes and experiences, about how "knowledgeable" JWs were. ' The average Jehovah's Witness who comes to your door has more knowledge of the bible tham most theologians' ... or some bullshit propaganda like that. We believed it.

However with the advent of the internet, and the deprogramming, and re-educating of those who have been dubs, JWs are now aware, that there is an ever growing number of the "dis-enfranchised" who are not theologians, but ex jws, who at one time thought they were smarter than the theologians / clergy, but now know both sides of the religion.

This scares the "bejeebers" out of JWs. These people at the doors, and on the street, are armed with the knowledge and truth that turns their "Sheild of Armour" to cheesecloth.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

I feel no respect for the 'posslepaulTM ... since he is a sexist pig, putting women in their place below men constantly. Women are not here to serve men, unlike what Paul thinks. Since I realize all j-duds have to subscribe to Paul's thinking (or get disfellowshipped), I have no respect for the entire j-dud religion as a result!

Seems reasonable to me!

ESTEE

• ClassAvenger
    ClassAvenger

From my conversation with JWs I've found them to be pretty dumb. Once you know their doctrines and have heard a lot of their arguments, they just seem like machines spitting a bunch of useless, contradicting, senseless information. At school, I have a classmate who is a JW that frequently goes on field service, gives studies, and reads the Bible a lot. Man, when I got into a conversation with him I left him with a bunch of "homework". He would think he had me, but I would bring up a stronger point, and he would say, "I'll have to research more on that". From what I've seen, they don't know much, they can't reason, all they know is what the WT wants them to know. And that's true, once you "beat" them in an argument, they turn around and leave.

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

ClassAvenger,

Keep up the good work. I agree their theology is nothing more than smoke and mirrors.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

how true. once you take a jw out of thier little box of prerecorded answers and verses they know... most jw;s will fold like a house of cards. in fact i find it easy just set them up that they follow the whole bible . the more they talk the more they put their foot in their mouths. the smart one's know when to run. that usally takes place in 10 seconds to 10 minutes. they hate informed ppl...john

• freedom96
    freedom96

All you need to do is find a person who has studied the bible very well, and goes to church on a regular basis, and they will tear apart the best witness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit