People You Meet At The Grocery Store

by DakotaRed 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• morty
    morty

what ever happened to going to the store for just a loaf of bread?........lol.....

mortons68

• Swan
    Swan

Stacy, did you get all of the granola bits flossed out from between your teeth?

Tammy

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Dont run into women like that at Walmart where I shop. Just a bunch of fat poor trailer park women with black stretch pants and a bunch of dirty kids following behind her!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Hey, no one ever tried to pick ME up in a grocery store!!! Oh, yeah, maybe the two small kids with me had something to do with it . . . .

Nina

• Panda
    Panda

I want to know what the heck the granola eater was doing in the meat section?

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Well, if I tried to pick you up Cruzan would you accept my advances? I have a Amercian express gold card!

Treat me with respect! I drive a dodge NEON! (1998)

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Hey, homey, even though you're a cute pup on your avatar, I'd still have to ask my husband, BIG Tex!

Nina

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Never mind!

(ruff>.......

• Adam
    Adam

Dude, if I were single, I would have been all over that. I lean more to the right (though I'm pro choice and applauded the Supreme Court's overturning of the Texas sodomy law) but I would have totally agreed with everything she said, then invited her back to the pad to talk more about it. Drunk chicks rule.

I've been accosted more than once by religious fanatics in grocery stores. I think that for some reason they have an affinity for spreading the word of dog around produce. One time I was with a co-worker who I knew to be a believer and, just being me, I made the comment that Easter is the most lame holiday because it's ALWAYS on a Sunday and you NEVER get a day off of work for it. Then some jesus freak behind us said "Pardon me, but are you saved?" I turned to find some older lady wearing that stupid grin and blank, thoughtless stare that you get from the faithful when they're trying to "help" a non-believer. I asked her "What do you mean? Saved from what?" Obviously she was unable to enter into even the most rudementary analysis of her inquiry 'cause she simply chose the path of least thought and repeated herself. "I mean, are you saved?" I told her I didn't have the slightest clue what she was talking about. So rather than attempt to explain herself, she simply asked my co-worker if he was saved. He said yes. Getting the answer she was looking for and apparently the only one her vacant skull would accept, she said "Wonderful. Bless you." Then she turned to me and said "You are in good company." Rather than waste my time with this robot, I simply turned around and moved on.

That co-worker was later fired for stealing. Yet in her mind he was better company than me simply because he uttered the word "yes." Religion is grand, ain't it?

• siegswife
    siegswife

I've been working nights as a cashier in a grocery store and you'd be surprised at the number of people that complain about how the cost of food is going up. Most of those people end up expressing complete dissatisfaction with the Bush administration too and they aren't drunk.

I've only seen one religious fanatic so far though. An old woman, about 80 or 90 came in with a younger gal. The older one seemed a bit senile...didn't know how to use her MAC card and seemed a bit unsure about why she was there. When they were getting ready to leave she said: "Do you want some news?" and practically threw the WT and AWAKE at me. I said thanks and she left looking happy.

She didn't realize that she'd just given ammunition to an apostate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit