Another newbie

by Copernicus 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Copernicus
    Copernicus

Hello to all:

First, I’d like to THANK the many posters on this board (and the old H2O) who made my exiting passage through the entrapping maze of WT ideology a relatively expeditious and much less painful possibility then it would have been otherwise. The value of the service you perform in helping to dispel the sense of paralyzing of isolationism felt by those who begin to realize “the truth” about the WTS and its pompous, self-designated status a God’ sole representative on earth today, can’t be overstated.

I’ve been a lurker here for a least a year – and I was finally prompted to write by the inevitable reappearance of the pedantic You Know. While I often enjoyed his posts on H2O (for their passionate intellectual appeal), I personally notice in his current writings a more strained tone, and a vain air of bravado that belies the gradual loss of confidence experienced by anyone of sincerity who tries to defend the indefensible. Having traveled the same roads myself, I might speculate that the old faith buttressing mantras are starting to ring hollow, aren’t they? (If I’m wrong in my assessment, You Know, please appreciate that this is MY vicarious interpretation of something that you yourself may not have yet realized).

In his emotionally honest and thoughtfully expressed closing post on H2O, YK, speaking as an “anointed” representative of the “God who cannot lie” said – “This is it for me. I will not be participating in any other forum.” And yet he is back. Why? Likely, as one astute poster noted in his response to YK’s departure: that the intellectually sterile atmosphere at the KH would force his return. How’s that for fulfilled prophecy? ha, ha.

As I read his recent posts I am taken back both to my own tortured attempts to find ANYTHING in the human drama surrounding us that would lend credence and support to the WT belief system, and my conscious filtering of any information that contradicted the same. After all, if in fact we are living in the time of the end, then there must be SOMETHING tangible going on to suggest that the current sum of life’s experiences reflect something unique, something more than the random tides of human endeavor. Right? Such is the consequence of having failed to diversify one’s intangible investments. When you have all yours eggs in the WT basket, it’s hard to see the forest for the trees. Of course in actuality, you don’t want to see it. It might mean admitting some rather uncomfortable things, and God forbid, doing something about it. Like a committed broker defending an unwise investment in a seemingly attractive, yet failing stock, there is the refuge of denial – that tomorrow, next week, next year – it will turn around and vindication will present itself. Yes, it’s hard to let go, isn’t it?

In what should be inscribed on the doors in Brooklyn as an epitaph, the psalmist said: “Our signs we have not seen; there is no prophet anymore, and there is no one with us knowing how long.”

I guess ours is not the first generation to experience the disappointment and failure that comes from expecting that things might be otherwise, huh? By the way YK, if you’re reading this, I came to this conclusion about Ps 74:9 about the same time you did, along with several others you’ve mentioned. Nothing personal.

More later. . .

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

Welcome, we're glad to have you. You'll be so glad you started posting here, the support and friendships are wonderful. It's good to find out that there's at least one good thing about You Know posting HAHAHHAHA!!!! Welcome and jump right in.

Venice

• anglise
    anglise

Hi Copernicus
    welcome. I look forward to hearing from you now you have started posting. I too lurked for a while before I felt able to post, it can be quite a big step for some.

• COMF
    COMF

Hi, Copernicus! Old H2O buddies are instantly welcome. Glad you could join us.

COMF

• Copernicus
    Copernicus

Hey guys . . . thanks for the welcome. I feel like I’ve been “love bombed” ha, ha, ha.

As was said: “I too lurked for a while before I felt able to post, it can be quite a big step for some.” Yes Anglise, it can be a big step. As I was writing my little rant, I could feel some of the old anger and resentment over being used and manipulated welling up again. And I thought I had gotten past all that; how long does that take? But it was good to say at least something in a public forum. There are many times now when I wished I would have been man enough to have stood up in the KH and proclaimed some of these thoughts before the crowd, rather then silently slinking away and leaving them to come to their own conclusions about my departure. Especially when I sat there hearing lies from the platform. Grrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Oh well. It’s good to get it out

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day copernicus,

Here in the southern isles a new day has just begun, and what an interesting post to read from you. Thanks for a well-expressed and fluent introduction. It was worth lurking awhile wasn't it?!

Welcome to this happy place. We'll have to add some more rooms, we're getting crowded, eh Simon! LOL

Enjoy your time posting here. I look forward to 'hearing' more.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

Freedom is not having to wear a tie.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Hi Copernicus, welcome!

Come over here and I'll love bomb you!!

Slipnslidemaster: Doin' the humpty hump...just doin' the humpty hump...

• Copernicus
    Copernicus

Slip&Slide:

Before I consider entertaining your offer of love bombs, I have two questions for you:

Is "Doin' the humpty hump...just doin' the humpty hump" something that you practice at home alone, or do you play with your "friends"?

And two - is the photo of the beautiful woman you've inserted in your picture slot indicative of some sort of sexual indentity crisis which you're currently undergoing?

Doctors can help with that, you know.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Copernicus,

hello and welcome to the board.

I enjoyed your intelligent and eloquent post. Glad that yet another "lurker" has found the courage to post!

• Flip
    Flip
    ...I was finally prompted to write by the inevitable reappearance of the pedantic You Know.

If there's one thing You Know is good for; coax quality posters out of the woodwork.

I've read YK being referred to by many an adjective but in my opinion you’ve been much too generous calling him pedantic. Perhaps you haven’t yet listened to YK froth at the mouth and watch as he lets the sylvia[sic] fly.

Welcome Cop, Welcome

Flip

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit